Why Do People Give Up so Easily?

I don't get it. I really don't get it.

I've seen seventeen year olds, nineteen year olds twenty two year olds saying they give up on dating completely, entirely, just because they don't think anyone is interested!

That doesn't mean give up that just means try harder idiot!

Seventeen, nineteen years old you don't need a partner. You don't need to be having sex or kissing. You don't need anything that you're pissing and moaning about not having.

you're still young!

You don't need it!

I don't understand why people are basing their self worth on whether or not people want to date them. I mean who cares? I've gone my whole life so far feeling like nobody likes me or wants me, yet I'm pretty okay with myself still. I'm not giving up on people. And because of that I have friends, I have a boyfriend (which was entirely unintentional but somehow happened regardless) I feel wanted.

But I'm not basing my self worth on these things and that makes me feel so much better than relying on everyone else's approval ever has.

so why do people do this to themselves? Why hurt yourself in this way?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't really think they're giving up; they're just taking a break temporarily. I don't see anything wrong with that; people of all ages do that. If you don't feel like being in a relationship, taking some time to yourself is healthy.

• It's not that they're giving up on relationships and being in them, they're giving up on anyone wanting to be in a relationship with them.

• That's what they're saying today, but that will change when they meet the right person. We've all been there at various times.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't want give up BUT i have so much to figure out that I can't even think about a boyfriend it would add more stress to my life and I hate stress.

What Guys Said 2

• I can't lie... it feels good to be wanted, bro.

• Not looking isn't the same as giving up. It's just not wasting time trying to actively find someone.

What Girls Said 1

• I'm not giving up, I just ain't got time for such shit.