How can a girl get out the friend zone?

We don't see each other often mainly text communication but I'm clearly in the friend zone

Most Helpful Guy

• well i guess if you ever get the chance to see him again show him that you want to be more than just friends by just maybe giving him a kiss or try to hold his hand. also be more open to him about how you feel don't hide your feelings because you never know he maybe likes you just as much but may also feel the same way you do that you two are just in the friend zone.. you should do this before he goes and meets someone and then you will live in regret wishing you would of said something so i would do it asap.

Most Helpful Girl

• Have you tried asking him out yet? I see many guys and girls speak of the friend zone, even though they haven't even been rejected yet. It's not friend zone if you sit back and wait.

• Hi Kirah We actually met just after my marriage broke up and I was a bit awkward which i think put him off. We are still in contact and there is the odd bit of flirting but think i will take your advice. Thank you x

• What you said backfire at me I did the opposite and still it backfire at me

What Guys Said 18

• Looking at your photo, it's a mystery. Because tbh a guy never wants to be "just friends" with a girl if he likes her personality/enjoys hanging out with her and is also physically attracted. At least not for me, I don't like having girls who are only friends because for me there is always a desire to be with them. We can have guy friends to just chill with, play videogames, etc. However, judging from your photo, you're very attractive, so maybe he's just weird. Or maybe he isn't aware that you would even want to be more than friends. I've screwed up things a few times because I never made a move because I felt the girl was "out of my league" and later found out she was interested but it was too late.

• Thank you for your kind words and the lovely compliment. I was married young and don't have much dating experience so I can be a bit awkward. I think it is as you say... self doubt. .. Thank you for taking the time to answer X

• Well depends on the situation. How do you know your in the Friend Zone. I know I'm automatically friends first with women and I only try to be more when I know they are really truly into me which as I've come to understand is a higher bar then most men have before taking a leap.

The best thing you can do is either take the initiative and really let him know your into him or accept he's either really not interested or just won't take a risk of killing a friendship because he thinks your giving him signals.

If he's not into you it's really not something we can determine via IPv4 but keep in mind despite HikerDude's post that while he may not be attracted due to looks, personality also factors in. For example you can be drop dead gorgeous but if you can't spell it would ultimately drive me insane.

• I know a way out of the friend zone and it works every time.

You walk away.

That's right. You don't have to be nasty. You don't have to be mean. You can even be friendly. But you downgrade your friendship to friendly acquaintance and you go about the task of pursuing other things.

• Get hotter. The only way I've ever known of girls ending up in the friend zone is when the guy simply isn't attracted to her physically. If he were and liked you as a friend, you'd be called his "girlfriend." Either that, or ramp up the flirting until you've made it clear that you're into him sexually. Sometimes guys don't think a girl is down and they end up labeling her as a friend just because he doesn't see any interest from you.

• Exactly what you said backfire me, i kind of was attracted to the guy and it seems he was but it backfire me the way you put it.

• Well i have friendzoned some girls. And i must say they never came out of it so dont bust your head over it there are loads of different people out there you jist have to walkout and meet them

• If you want to get out, see him, go out on a date, tell him how you feel.
    If it's reciprocated, start kissing.
    Done.

• Ask to go do stuff irl. That's generally enough to get things going.

• How long have you been texting for? and what makes you think you're in the friendzone?

Normally, I label girls who I don't find attractive as friends. But sometimes if I find a girl attractive, but I don't think she shares that feeling, then I would just give up and put her in the "friendzone"

• Walk up and slap his ass, and say mm.. mm... your lookin fine today!

• very unlikely... sorry. most times the friendzone is permanent.

• You just show your tits.

• Talk to him. He may just be too intimidated to make a move.

• you can't...

• Tell them how u feel if they don't like u like that than try to stay friends

• If your attractive or average your never in the friend zone for guys

• By making it more, I mean, that's the only way it'll happen. MAKE IT HAPPEN

• @Kirah

Best advice!! Death notes reference name? Lol! But make sure you actually are in the fz haha? I know many signs can make you feel that way, but outside of really knowing, and having been told you're "just a friend"... are you really Fz'd lol?

But to escape, hm, it's a battle haha. One must get rejected and then begin to realize that they probably only wanted to hang out with said person because they liked them? Not always the case. And then leave of your own accord.

Or like many others say, become attractive enough in some form, emotionally and physically help. And be thrown the rope from your crush to escape the F

Good luck on this journey of escaping the FZ :).

• I don't think you can unless they see you in a different light- like if you change it up and hit the gym, get a better job and update your wardrobe, that's what guys have to do anyway. aha

• Lol thank you... think that's what I will do. Disappear for a bit and work on improving then resurface lol Thank you x

• No worries ;)

What Girls Said 2

• text him you miss him and you two should hang out "just like the old days" and be more flirty and mysterious- and the most important thing you can do is- make him want for more, so you'll hang out more often. good luck! :)

• Men don't friend zone women. They either like you or they don't.

• Haha good point. Situation is awkward though we met just after my marriage ended and there was a clear attraction but my head was all over the place. But thank you X