How to get in touch with a guy I haven't speak in a while?

I rejected him in the past (I so regret it) and we haven't really spoke since February and I was the one who pretty ignored him then. Now I realize that I was just afraid of commitment. He's the only guy I cared this much and now I miss him more than ever. I don't want to seem weird to give him a message out of sudden, he probably moved on. I have a problem expressing my feelings, I don't know what he thinks about me right now and I don't want to look like a stupid. I really want to be closer to him, I'm ok with being friends. I thought to send him a message like to ask him something, to have a pretext to start a convo with him. Can you tell me some advice?

Most Helpful Guy

• Are you facebook friends with him? If you are, comment on a picture, or just say hey, long time no talk, how are you?

Most Helpful Girl

• "Hey,

I know this is out of the blue and you may not even want to hear from me. I'm not good at expressing how I feel but I do know that I care about you a lot and would like to have you in my life.

If you don't want to talk to me, I totally understand."

What Guys Said 1

• Guys are EZ. Stop being a baby, invite him to do something or help you with something at the house. Be aggressive, he may be afraid of rejection again, and if he rejects you, guess you will know how it feels.

What Girls Said 1

• You don't need to have a pretext. Just tell him "Hi, I know it's been a while but I sort of missed talking to you"