Meeting girls to date: how do you do it now?

So I know there are similar questions on here but meh I'm going to ask it anyway. I'm a 25 year old guy who's objectively pretty useless at meeting women and dating them (I've only really been in a couple of relationships and none of them really went anywhere or lasted that long). I'm pretty sure this is due to me getting nervous and not being direct enough with my feelings, I'm the kind of person that tends to over invest in things and obsess about them quite a bit, although I'm actively trying to change that and get better. Everyone who knows me says I'm a nice, funny, likable guy and I have absolutely no problem making friends, the issue is that I don't seem to have the opportunities I want to meet other single people to date. Most of the people I know who are my age are from work (I'm doing a PhD) and I find myself forming friendships rather than anything else, partly because if I like them the last thing I want to do is mess it up by confessing feelings for them and then have to deal with the awkwardness. I'm trying online dating but I'm finding it hard and not really getting anywhere. I'm not particularly attractive I think and very un-photogenic, so I don't really think it's the right environment for my positive aspects to come through. I'm not bitter and happy being on my own most of the time, but it would be nice to meet people and maybe find someone to share my life with. I am getting slightly tired of forming friendships with people I'm interested in romatically but nothing else, it is really quite frustrating sometimes. I'm interested in getting any thoughts on this really, from both girls and guys, particularly on what I'm doing wrong. It just seems so much easier for a lot of other people than it is for me. Anyway, that was longer than I wanted. Thanks :)

0|0
0|0

What Girls Said 0

No girls shared opinions.

What Guys Said 0

No guys shared opinions.