Hi, I've been with my boyfriend for nearly 3 years. He recently joined the army and I've found out he has tinder?

I've been with my boyfriend for 3 years and found out he has tinder. When I asked him about this he says that it was a competition between him and the other lads in his troop to see who could get the most matches. But I don't get why he would care how many matches he could get if he was happy with me and why he thinks it acceptable to sign up to a dating website for a competition when he's supposedly in a relationship? Am I over reacting? Help :(

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not sure if it's a big deal or not, but keep tabs on him a little bit. Don't be a stalker, but just look out for signs/red flags.

Most Helpful Girl

• It sounds now that the Cat is far away, this little Mouse Did... Play.
    Even if he was telling you the bare hair truth here, dear, Keeping up with the Jack Quack Jones' means that he will Stand and Stoop as well for whatever Other poop they throw his way To "Match" what the Other Lads or even their Dads have in mind any day.
    It's funny how you learn about someone, even after '3 years,' and don't really ever know them until you find out something real Cheesy and sleazy where you find yourself Not trusting them totally now somehow.
    Good luck and do some serious soul searching. xxoo

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 3

• I think you are over reacting, but just a bit. It’s normal to be concerned about these kind of things, but don’t let a dating app get between you two. I’m assuming that in the army men tend to get bored easily, so they come up with silly games that will consume the free time they have. So don’t get too concerned over this, but I do suggest you check him once in a while (just to be sure)

• you are not overthinking about it at all!!! he is in a relationship (since 3 years!!!) and he is using a dating app? seriously? he doesn't sound serious

• Boys will be boys. Maybe he is telling you the truth and if he is, he will simply delete it straight away. Whoever won the contest anyway? And him being away from you plays a huge factor. Maybe he lonely? Still not an excuse but I would ask because maybe there's something you could do so that he may not feel so alone...