Do new clothes really make you feel better?

I have terrible clothes right now.. Think blowing $300 on clothes would make me feel better?

Most Helpful Guy

• Only if the clothes make you look more attractive. $300 might be a bit much, though.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think going on a shopping spree and buying some new clothes is an instant mood reliever. But for me at least, spending 300 bucks on clothes would throw me right back in a dump hole, because if you come from a middle class family, that sum is way too high for just one shopping spree. If you’re tight on money, I suggest you buy some clothes from second hands/ thrift shops/ outlets. You can find some quality stuff around there and I usually get much more excited when I find clothing there. But if you’re not having money problems, you can totally go to the mall. I suggest you take a fashionable friend with you, since the terrible clothes that you currently own were probably picked by you (no offence)

What Guys Said 13

• ... at first...

• Absolutely not: I feel better in old clothes.

• FUCKING YEAH THEY DO!
    I like to buy workout gear... i always get a slight shiver when i bank on a new jacket:)

• I enjoy getting rid of my wardrobe every few years and updating things. I keep some of the old stuff but like to replenish once I get bored with what I am wearing.

• $300 seems a bit excessive.

I tend to buy the odd shirt or pair of chino's and that usually makes me feel a little better, particularly if I am having a bad day.

• I've never have had to buy clothes of my own like I'm the youngest in the family so I just get clothes from my siblings besides my brother is a fashion designer so yeah never actually had to show except for shoes

• For like a week...

• no, I like my old comfy cloths

• If they make you look great, you'll feel great. Go for it.

• Yes!!! Any shopping I love!!

• Not going to lie, when I get a new piece of clothing that was on sale that I've wanted for a while it feels good to put it on. It retains that the whole time I own it.

• Temporarily... then you'll get tired of those, and it's like, eh, I just blew $300 on things I didn't even really need

• not derictally but new clothes could help you attract mr right

What Girls Said 19

• If you have "terrible" clothes and new clothes will make you feel better then mostly likely they will! I love getting new clothes x

• It makes me feel better to have new clothes- the amount you spend or the number of clothes is up to you, but feeling like I look nice in something new helps my confidence.

• Yes. Throw in a new purse and new pair of shoes, and spend the last $20 buying a homeless person a nice meal, and you can go home excited about your new outfits and feeling great. :)

• Sometimes clothes can help make you feel better. When you wear something nice it can make you feel great which can be a great feeling. I like buying clothes that reflect my personality and I like buying outfits that are in my favorite colors.
    You should check out multiple stores. During this time of year a lot of stores have sales and discounts.

• Looking better and feeling more confident really does cheer me up. =)
    Maybe buy some new things and see if you want to spend more or if you're content with that.

• Clothes on their own will only make you feel better briefly. I think it's more about what your clothes do for you that improves your mood. Like buying a new dress might make you feel more confident and that will make you want to go out more and meet new people. It kind of is a domino effect.
    But the clothes on their own won't do that, you have to be ready to open up and try new things.

• Spending $300 on clothes would make me feel like shit cause that's a lot of money. If i spent an acceptable amount on a couple new outfits, though, I'd feel great.

• Only if I look hot in them :p

• Oh yes. It makes me back to my mood.

• Is thrift store clothes considered new clothes. Cause I mean it's new to me. I would never blow $300 on clothes. More like $30 on 6 pairs of pants, 6 pair of tops that look close to brand new and name brand (although I don't care for name brand). Lol.

Sorry... probably not the answer you're looking for but check out a local thrift store you might find good quality clothes. North Facebook for $8. Columbia sweater for $3. Banana Republic for $3. Levis for $3.

• Only when I pick good ones.

Sometimes I buy stuff that I end up not liking as much as I thought I would.

• Oh yeah.
    I think spending that amount of money on clothes is totally reasonable and if it'll make you feel better, awesome!

• I personally love shopping, and yes clothes make me feel great !

• I like getting new clothes. Old clothes just feel, well, old😄

• Always makes me feel better!

• yes but maybe not for long enough :(

• It may boost your self confidence if you enjoy how you look with new clothes so yeah

• Well I would before your best friend does and screws your crush because she looks fancier then you do!

• If you have that to spend then probably :') . I know I always feel good when I get new clothes, I like that now I'm twenty I've finally kind of established what my personal style is whereas before I was experimenting with different things. I definitely never have that much to spend just on clothes though, I get most things second hand from ebay, charity shops and vintage fairs :')