Do you miss your partner when they aren't around?

I know this may seem like a silly question but recently I've been spending a lot of time nonstop with my partner. We'll be together for 72 hours straight so by the time he leaves I am ready. However if I go a day or two without seeing him or no contact I'm counting the minutes until I see him again. I guess for me I would like to see him most days but not all day.

Do do you miss you partner?

• Yes
  • No
  • Single

Most Helpful Guy

• I actually do miss my wife a lot during the work day , and that's after 28 years together

• That's sweet thanks for sharing. Like of course you can need your alone time but for me I miss him after a day and now he misses me. I guess it makes our time that much more special.

• I work 5 to 6'days a week and not that hunting season is open I get out for a while on the week ends for that. She used to hunt with me but she hasn't been in a few years

• Thank you young Lady

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, I miss my boyfriend when we're apart, but we both have our jobs, our friends & our own lives. We are secure enough in our relationship that we don't need to be together 24/7. We're together at home at the end of the day, & that's wonderful!

• Exactly. I don't need to spend all day with him nor do I want to but I like seeing him at the end of the day.

What Guys Said 10

• Yes I do miss my wife, of course it doesn't help that she is presently out of state, well my state. She has been taking care of her sick parents and she has been gone now for about the past two months. I'm supposed to see her next month. So yes I miss her very much. However when we were still "together" I would still miss her especially after a hard day at work. There were times where a little down time away from her could be nice, but really all I need was maybe an hour or two per week.

• I'm sorry to hear that. That has to be hard.

I hope she can come home soon!

• It is, and thank you, I hope she can come home soon too.

• yes i do. if one of us goes away for the weekend usually I'm fine the first day but the next day I start to miss her being around

• I'm single but I get what you are going through. I wish I had someone who was like you that would miss me like that.

• So the longer you are with someone (especially romantically) the more oxytocin you release when your around that person (oxytocin is what makes you feel like you have a "bond" with someone)
    Now oxytocin is addictive so the when you don't have it, you crave more of it. In examples of relationships your body craves that other person because it knows that if you spend time with them you will get another flood of feel good chemicals.

• Yes it sucks that the work thing gets in the way LOL If I had my way, I would spend as much time doing things with my girlfriend and my daughter. Life goes by so quickly, I want to be sure I get my quality time in with both. My parents included!

• I do very much I miss my girl Hannah a lot when she's not with me and I end up needing my Hannah substitute my cuddly toy as its soft like she is

• Is the beginning of the relationship

• I feel really lonely when my girlfriend isn't here with me

• yes, a lot

• When I had one I didn't miss her.

What Girls Said 16

• Awee, that's so sweet!

I definitely miss my boyfriend when he's not around. Well considering current circumstances I am ok to be alone at this point. But when I am happy in a relationship I want to be with the other person. My general feeling when I'm in a relaitonship is that I want to be with them by their side. I'm kind of clingy and needy but with enough understanding to let them have their own lives. I realize that they (my partner) is an awesome person and I have to share his awesomeness with the world.

• Yes. I miss him a lot. I usually get to see him at least once every 2-3 days but in cases like this week or last week, when we're both overrun with exams/work, I have to do without him for 5 days. Which sounds silly, but I definitely miss him a ton.
    Even if I saw him for 2-3 days straight on the weekend, that just makes me miss him even more. :/

• Not too much. Not that I don't care, I just enjoy my space a lot.

• Definitely miss my hubby when he's not around. That doesn't mean sometimes I don't need a break, or that he doesn't, but I hate spending a night without him.

• Maybe I'm odd, but not really. I like my alone time. As long as I see my partner 1-2 times a week I'm okay. Any less than that and I start missing them a lot. I've always been pretty independent, and I'm used to being alone. So that's probably why it's that way for me.

• yes. sometimes we'll spend 2 days together and have a sleepover and everything but when he leaves i begin to miss him again :(

• I don't know... That's the problem

• I am single..

• I miss my boyfriend all the time even when I get home from spending the day with him lol.
    please answer me

• Yes, I do. I can spend days at a time with my boyfriend, and never get bored or tired of it.

• Of course I do, every second!

• Sometimes, but darn it , he is always around in someway :p

• I almost always long to see my boyfriend. We have been together five years and we lived together for four years out of the five. Recently I had to move an hour away so I could go to work and save enough money to help get us into a place of our own again. I email him 24/7 and it probably gets annoying as hell on his end lol but I can't stop and I won't stop showing him and telling him how much I miss him and wish he was here. He's my love.

• I've been married for six years, together for 11. I am still happy to see him when he gets home from work every day.

We do spend some time away from each other throughout the week, like when we hang out with our different friends, but anytime he has to leave for more than 24 hours it makes me a little sad.

• Who wouldn't? (As long as you were in a healthy relationship)

• That's why it's important to have friends and hobbies outside of a relationship.