I feel very lonely, what should I do?

It's the last year of school and after school I'm probably going to travel a bit and later move to the capital city. I am a virgin and I've never even had a guy trying to hit on me. (I sometimes think that I get hit on but then I see that I was so wrong lol). I'm very lonely and I would like to have someone close (who doesn't, but still). Since I'm moving out of town almost immediatly after school I'm afraid that I'm not going to get the chance to have a boyfriend or a fling until I'm like 25. What should I do to get guys to notice me more so that they would approach me?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I can't tell you much since I don't know what you look like or act like when you go out, I can however give you a few tips and maybe they will help
    1. Sometimes guys tend to not approach the really pretty girls since they are intimidated and think it would be a waste of time, they will never get a yes from that hot girl they think so they go for her friends, if you really are pretty maybe you are too good looking and intimidate the guys, try dressing in something casual like tank tops and shorts and see what happens

2. Your attitude is important, if you look stuck up, unapproachable, bored or like you would rather be anywhere else you probably won't attract anyone.

3. Sometimes, depending on the crowd, the girls that seem to get the most attention are usually the girls who smile at the guys and look inviting, at other times it's the ones who look sexy and act sexy, it really depends on the place and the people in it.

4. It's the 21st century, not the 1950s before women's liberation so you don't need to wait for a guy to ask you to dance or for your number, you can ask the guys if you want to so you might want to be the one who makes that first move for a change, see a guy you like? Go ahead and just say hi and buy him a drink and talk to him, you never know what'll happen if you don't try.

What Guys Said 4

• I kinda recognize myself in you. Exept that Im a guy and not a virgin though. The znswer isn't very hard. Just talk! Learn to build up good conversations, dare to ask someone out! Life is too short to be bulshitting just go for it, if you get rejected move on and go to the next one

• Instead of waiting for guys to approach you, why don't you try taking the first step?

• I've tried that but I always get rejected..

• Welcome to the world of guys. Now think, what do other guys do? Keep trying while trying to improve yourself.
      What you need is a good circle of friends, in my opinion.

• You should become friends first and then ask him out?

• I've tried that as well but I'm not the person who tries too much if he doesn't do something back. I don't want to be seen as an annoying girl if you know what I mean..

• The problem is, when you like a guy, he doesn't like you, but when he likes you, you don't like him. So, when you think they're hitting on you, it's your own fault. You go in thinking, "ooohhh, I like him, he'll like me". That's not how it works

What Girls Said 2

• Wow I'm so much the same it's scary.
    I'm also in my last year of college, also never had a boyfriend or sex, I also want to travel after college for a while and well I have job lined up after so I'm staying where I am.
    And I feel much the same way you do, so if you a solution to your problem, let me know. Seriously, DO let me know

Also sometimes I feel there is no point in getting a boyfriend now, because I'll be kinda on the road for a while. And I know it doesn't help with feeling lonley, but why do you even want a boyfriend at this point? If you're not gonna be around for a while?

A lot of people said just have conversations. Well I talk to a lot of people and have a lot of good conversations and that's not really helping

• Spend some time on you. Focus on becoming an interesting person. Once you do that you will have plenty of opportunities to meet guys.

I was alone like you until around my 21st birthday I started taking up new & interesting hobbies. I really got into cosplay and went to a convention (by myself) it was scary but I met new people who welcomed me into their group who introduced me to their card game gatherings and that's where I met my boyfriend.

It's really important to focus on you before trying to meey guys. That way you have your own unique personality