Are women intimated by good looking men?

P. s. spelling mistake i meant Intimidated!

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, a lot of really good looking guys are too obsessed with looks and it gets old. Some of them are actually insecure about themselves and fill that gap with their outward appearance. Not all are like that, of course, but many are. Sometimes they can be intimidating, in the fact that I often felt more judged by some of them. It is like they have this weird, unrealistic checklist of what they want in a girl.

Most Helpful Guy

• I guess it depends on how the girl looks?

If she's not that extraordinary-looking, then chances are she'll feel intimidated.

If she's extraordinary-looking and she knows it with not hints of any doubt, then chances are she's not likely to be intimidated.

If she's extraordinary-looking and she's vaguely aware of it to some degree, but still has doubts here and there, ... well, when a guy like that walks into the picture, that's the key defining moment in her life when she's going to be driving her own self crazy on questioning herself and judging her own attractiveness and value.

If she's below average-looking, then fuck that egotistical narcissistic self-absorbed asshole... he probably wouldn't make a good boyfriend/husband anyway.

In my experience, when men and women come to the bargaining table to negotiate (i. e., a date), the feeling of "intimidation" kicks in when two things are true: (a) we really really want what the other person clearly has to offer us, and (b) we are unsure about whether there is enough value in what we have to offer to entice/induce the other person into voluntarily giving us what we want.

So, it really depends on what girl is sitting on the other end of that table.

All else constant, however, if the guy is a 9/10 and the girl is a 9/10, and they're both 23 years old, just barely out of college and starting their careers and lives, similar personalities, etc. ... the girl's "opportunity cost" is higher, even if the guy across the table doesn't value what she has to offer that highly.

In the general marketplace, sex with a 9/10 23y/o female is more valuable to the general population of men than sex with a 9/10 23y/o male is to the general population of women.

So, in terms of the relative value of what they're bringing to the table... in a theoretical academic world, if this were a hypothetical bankruptcy liquidation and they both liquidated the value of their respective looks into cash, she would have a lot more cash on her end of the table than him.

The reason she may feel intimidated, however, is because she still wants what he has, but she also knows that she doesn't have the same bargaining/negotiating power with him compared to a 5/10 or 7/10 guy. So, she's trying to figure out alternate ways to bargain and negotiate with him that won't insult him, and are vastly different from how she bargains and negotiates with the men she usually dates.

• He isn't "the general marketplace of men in the population." He's one guy, one buyer, with his own unique preferences, weighted values, and value of his own that he's bringing to the table. If he's not broke and living pay-check-to-pay-check, if he's not an asshole, if he's not a mangina, then the combination of all of those qualities in one man already pretty much brings him above the fucking 90th percentile of all guys in the population.

So, given her own beliefs about men, she may place an extraordinary weight on the value of those other qualities. The effect his "good looks" have, therefore, is to simply erode or discount her bargaining leverage. The value of "sex" or "her looks" is diminished. He can easily have sex, and with attractive women. That's what her looks communicate to her. So, she knows that she's going to use different tactics to secure a relationship with this kind of guy. This may intimidate her if she's used to relying on her looks and sex.

What Girls Said 20

• Not me but that's because I've been around good looking men my whole life and I'm aware of how equally flawed, damaged, or outright effed up they may be internally.

• Yes, I get very intimidated by handsome men. I usually have a crush on less Handsome guys (the ones who aren't very intimidating).

• No because some men look way better then others. Now if he is known for getting around I would not care how good looking he was and good looking men could be to ugly men.

• Some are, some aren't. I usually am.

• Your description is the same for us men to when it comes to good looking women. :)

• Not really. At least not me personally

• Sometimes? I'll surely try a date with them, but looks are just that without something more!

• I would say yes. More of that they r outta my league

• It s not the looks, more the attitude.
    If he is really smart, confident and established I ll feel intimidated while talking to him.
    Looks don t intimidate me at all.

• Yes, I have been.

• Well of course! but not always!

• Yes. Well I am. hahaha..

• Some of them, yes.

• Short answer. Yes.

• I'm not. That's great.

• Because I believe that I'm way out of their league or vice versa.

• Yeah, sometimes we are.

• I'm not intimidated. I just think that he is probably a douch bag

• that's like assuming a hot girl is a bit. Way to take the inverse of shovenism

• I actually find it harder to excericise lol

• I used to be.

• Only if they have feelings for that good looking guy will they then look like they are afraid. No they're not. We're just nervous around good looking guys included that we have feelings for him.

What Guys Said 4

• I'm really hoping this is the way it is with me, women are just too intimidated

• That's natural both ways.

• It works both ways.

• All women are different, but in general I think men being intimated by good looking women is more prevalent.