Why do some men who aren't married wear wedding rings?

Why do some people (men) do it?

Im speaking about single men

Most Helpful Guy

• To avoid getting hit on. Sometimes guys are too busy to date and would rather avoid getting hit on. Same reason single ladies wear a ring there too.

• I am single and wear a ring on my left ring finger.

• Do you do it to avoid getting hit on im guessing

• Yes I do it to avoid getting hit on. If I don't then I end up getting chatted up when I am in a hurry either at the grocery store or wherever. So I wear it to ensure I can get in and out of stores without issue. When i am ready to date again I'll take the ring off and start chatting back with the ladies.

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe the same reason some women do, to either stop putting from hitting on them. Or to pretend to be with someone... why they want to do that, I don't know. To show off? To appear a certain way to society?

What Guys Said 4

• They're a bugger to get off.

• Are they? maybe you are just thinking it's a Wedding Ring?

• Lol its on the left ring and on the ring finger... guys wedding ring are simple. But I don't know

• They've probably been divorced or widowed and can't bring themselves to take it off yet, not realizing it's a woman repellent

• Either they are widowed or trying to look taken so they won't look like a threat and approachable for a fling maybe

• Adam Sandler was in a movie called "Just go with it" and it was about that

What Girls Said 3

• If they're not married, it's not a wedding ring.

• Cause showing you they are taken and in love. Basically have plans for that special lady who are with to hopefully get married.

• some sort of play i think..