How big of a deal is it for a guy who's 19/20 to date a 25/26 year old girl?

In our society, when a 25/26 year old guy dates a 19/20 year old girl, no one bats an eye. But the other way around sets everyone into a frenzy. I don't care about other people though, I'm just talking about the individual guy. Would it bother him, generally? Will he start thinking "She's too old for me" and dump her? Will his friends make fun of him for dating an older woman and cause him to dump her because he's embarrassed?

Most Helpful Guy

• That is about the age difference between my wife and me. However, I was 36 when I met my wife and she was 42. This 20 year old guy would not think you were too old for him, but he may actually be too immature for you. Don't expect him to be ready for marriage for at least 5 years.

Most Helpful Girl

• Why would woman want to date the kid she babysits?

What Guys Said 3

• its not a big deal at all

• anything over 5 is too high.

• are you mental? are you the same 26 yo woman who asks these for months now? wtf.

• Actually I just joined the site so no... calm down...

What Girls Said 2

• Make sure he doesn't care by asking him, that way you are not blind sighted later on with his insecurities. Good luck!

• Did you ask him out? Did he agree? Are you dating?