Girls, is it OK to ask a different girl out when your heart's set on somebody you can't have?

So idiot me decided to fall in love with my best friend. Issue is, she started dating one of my buddies before I could ask her out. I can't kick these really strong feelings I have for her, and it sucks as much now as it did a year ago. This is the kinda of person I share my biggest issues and secrets with, and who lights up my world a thousand different little ways every day.

I'm really, really afraid that I'll never meet anybody else who could ever even have a chance of being interested in me. I mean, I've got a really goofy sense of humor, an overdeveloped sense of honor, I'm a huge nerd about comics and European history, and I'm afraid I'll always be that friend who follows the others around like a puppy, not saying a whole lot unless he's really energetic and looking for attention and getting really concerned when he thinks he upset somebody. Besides, I'm not over the top good looking, even though I'm pretty healthy, and can be something of an egocentrist.

Thing is, there's another girl, whom I get along with OK, we've worked on some stuff together and I can get her to laugh every now and again, say hi once in a while, but I don't know her over the top well, and it's not as if we have a great deal in common that I know of. I'm thinking about asking her on a date, but I've got concerns. I don't know that it's fair to her to try dating her while I'm clearly not over my best friend, and I know that even though I'm interested in this girl, my insecurity about never being able to have a relationship or meet somebody I'd really do well with is definitely a factor in my wanting to ask her out, and that doesn't seem right either.

So, should I even consider asking this second girl out, or are my reservations warranted?

2

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe you should tell her anyway. You can't help who you love.

• Thanks for the MH!!😊

What Girls Said 1

• Ask more girl out.