Says he wants space?

I was seeing a guy for about 3 months. We really clicked, and enjoyed each others company. The first month he was amazing. He got me a bottle of wine with my name on it for my birthday, he took me out all of the time, but then I noticed he started acting funny and he told me he wasn't ready for a relationship, I was at his house and asked him if I should leave and of course he said no. He still was acting different and every time I would ask him what was wrong he would say nothing and bring up how he didn't want a relationship right now or something of that matter. Ever since then things weren't the same but he told me he still wanted to hang out, but he didn't want to lead me on. I told him I wasn't ready for a relationship either and he told me he was in a 6 year relationship blah blah blah. Every time I would ask when he planned to see me he would get mad. So a couple of days ago I called him and he said he needed space and to figure out his life because he's 26 without a full time job, still living at home, and may be an alcoholic. I told him if he felt that way he should speak to someone... We talked on the phone because I felt like I was too much and he said that wasn't the case, he just needs to get his life together... I'm 21 and I have my own apartment and I'm in college, he's graduated from college so I don't know if that may intimidate him that I'm on my own? Today will be the first day we haven't spoken... He's honestly such a good guy and I hope he comes back around... Just sucks :(

What Guys Said 1

• Guess what "Thisisaword" said to "word"
    .
    I want some space.

• I don't understand what you're saying

What Girls Said 1

• I think he's as honest as he can be. It's not about you. It's about him instead. He does have problems you know.