I think she's trying to get me to ask her out, but I'm not interested. How do I tell her?

I've recently been back in contact with a girl I knew a while ago. On Saturday, her boyfriend had to work and she had a wedding to go to. She asked me to escort her. I couldn't because I had other plans. After the wedding, she sent me a message on Facebook saying that she enjoyed the wedding and wanted to hang out with me. Fine, I'm always up for catching up with old friends. However, in that same message, she said she wanted to "talk sometime". I told her when I'd have time, but she didn't respond.

Yesterday morning, she sent me another message apologizing for not responding, suggesting ideas for where we could hang out, but also ended by saying that she broke up with her boyfriend the night before. We hadn't talked about her relationship at all before (I'm friends with her now-ex and she said he was okay with me taking her to the wedding).

I think she's trying to get me to ask her out. I don't want to because I'm not interested in her that way and there's someone else I want to ask out anyway. I don't want to lead her on, but I don't want to presume anything either. What do I do?

Most Helpful Girl

• you should tell her... or say things like 'you're such a great friend' and stuff like that. the word 'friend' will hit her

Most Helpful Guy

• Relax, you're not "leading her on" if she doesn't actually ask you out. She should be willing to come forward herself.

I guess you could simply go up to her and tell her that you're not interested.

What Girls Said 3

• Be blunt so it won't seem like you're leading her on. Be nice (like a normal friend) but not too nice so she'll get the idea. If she's insecure, don't talk about the other girl please. If she isn't, talk away. Most people will take THIS as "leading on" so think about how you'll feel if the girl you liked wasn't interested in you but was acting like how you're acting towards the girl you're not into

• she's rebounding hard. I would avoid her if I were you!

• Mention about the other girl you are interested in. Make it sound like the other girl is the only girl you are interested in.

What Guys Said 1

• I think the easiest way to do it, while preserving her feelings, is saying that it is against your own personal ethics to go out with friend's ex's