Would you have a problem with the girl you're dating/girlfriend still being friends with her ex?

She has absolutely no interest in him anymore, and is over the relationship. She was the one who broke up with him, but he wanted to remain friends. Might be important to note that she's not crazy about staying friends with him, but when he insisted she didn't want to be rude and a "bitch" for saying no to friendship.

Thoughts? Advice? Thanks.

Most Helpful Guy

• I personally would think you'd be ride or a bitch for denying him wanting to remain friends with him! I personally don't keep exes around AT ALL not even as friends. For me it may be a bit awkward that you chose to remain friends even though you didn't want to because to me it's a small conniving way of him having access to you albeit in a very minute way. More importantly, it would be how I see the interactions between you two before I would do or say anything more since a relationship needs to start off with trust 'n' communication.

What Guys Said 9

• I will still date with her, but will remain it casually. When she's comfortable with me, she will bring it up being exclusive. Her boyfriend is not my concern anyway since they have been already break up. If it was meant to be going back to his side, well, i will let her go. Still have plenty of options out there.

• Hell no, I mean you dated them for a reason, that includes them being a likeable person.

But going back to them would be stupid, because you also broke up with them for a reason.

• I obviously wouldn't like it, but if she only saw/met him occasionally or as a part of a group of friends, it wouldn't be a problem. But if they were meeting up, spending a lot of time together then that would definitely be a problem.

• the term friend needs to be defined here.

as someone you constantly confide in? yes i'd have a problem. as a civil acquaintance? no problem

• Definitely not a confidant. Civil acquaintance.

• I'd have a HUGE problem with it ! I wouldn't be quiet about it either.

• Kinda. Especially if she brings the ex up too much in conversations. Big red flag.

• No bringing him up in conversations unless you ask.

• Trust me I never do ask about them.

• The dumped person wanting to still be friends=trying to get back together with the person that dumped them.

• Nope don't do it!!! I'm not a fan of a girl being friends with there ex. I'm selfish when it comes I that only. I would state it from the beginning so that it wouldn't be an issue if we got together.

But I want an ex to stay an ex you know.

• Big NO for me. Been there, done that. Save your relationship and tell her to avoid contact with him at least.

What Girls Said 1

• Yes!
    That widow is still open