How does your dating mind work?

I guess it's an odd question, but I want to know how others think. What I mean by this is: how do you pick who you ask out?

With me, the girl has to be pretty for me to ask her out/her ask me out, and then to go on the second date, she needs to have a good personality.

A. K. A., I'm a spoiled brat :D

How do u know who u want to ask out?

• Personality ONLY. Looks don't matter!
  • It's all in the looks! S/he could be horrible!
  • In between
  • Other

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd say it's about a ratio of 80 - 20. Personality is hugely important. If we don't get on and we can't communicate and we don't have the same kind of goals in life, then it's not going to work at all. And I'm not interested in casual dating, if I date, then I'm dating to get into a relationship and that relationship is ideally long-term. That's my dating plan if anything goes wrong with my current partner. So obviously, us matching well in terms of personality is kinda vital.

However, attraction is also important in its own way. If I'm not attracted to this other person, then I can't force myself to be with them. Whether they're my type or whether they're conventionally attractive isn't what's important, but they do have to be attractive in my opinion. If there's nothing about them that I find attractive then, unfortunately, our relationship won't work out.

• Also I guess that for the initial date, it'd be based on our previous interactions together, so again, personality is the main decider here :)

Most Helpful Guy

• when just meeting her/hanging for the first time my check list for any girl i see as potential partner is 1. pretty face 2. i look at personality traits like is she chill, shy, funny, outgoing, confident smart? 3. look at the bad personality traits like is she loud and obnoxious, ignorant, stuck up? 4. does she smell good? 5. does she seem like she's feeling my vibe or am i feeling hers? 6. does she seem better off as a one of the guys type of girl, just down to smash, or one worth dating? 7. pretty feet is a must... most times.

if its someone that was already in my social circle it would be. 1. would it damage or effect the dynamic of our social circle?, 2. is she as invested as i am or more? 3. if it goes south will it be worth losing this friend.

then you have the one who are just more freaky, touchy, and in the moment which the only check list i have is she pretty and can i use being drunk as an excuse? personality gets flown out the door when i notice a girl is all over me and i got some potential pussy and honestly this even goes for the girls who even have bad labels such as sluty, trashy, and ratchet. if they are all over me and I'm drunk and turned on enough personality gets thrown out the door, labels are overlooked, and i have to be attracted to her in some way

• it took me almost 15 mins thinking about this and typing it down. I'm surprised there still isn't any other opinions on here.

• I'm back and I have to say I'm impressed

What Girls Said 8

• Looks do matter to the mass majority, I think even if they won't admit it. Looks are what usually initially attracts you to someone, then you make eye contact, ask them out, etc. I have however dated plenty of men that I worked with, knew from somewhere, or a friend of a friend who I was not initially attracted to physically and their personality made me interested in them and they thus became attractive to me.

• I have to be attracted to the person and I have to not want to kill them when they speak. So, being good looking and smart/well-informed are my things.

• He could have a great personality but if there is no physical attraction, it becomes a friend zone scenario.

In contrast, he could be ridiculously good looking but if there is no personality and the person is bland, there would be no connection.

• I would need to sense an attraction before I get to know them personally.

• A combination of charm, physical and predominantly emotional attraction.

• Dude, I don't do dating :P

• i don't know, when it feels right, It doesn't have a lot to do with looks.
    When i notice the same quirks in a guy that I have it's a green light.
    I ask him out :)

• Id say an even 50/50...

What Guys Said 13

• I voted A because it's not really in-between but it's not completely in the looks. I'd say 80-20 (personality-looks).

What really stands out in the looks department is her eyes for one. First thing I notice. Second is makeup. I've always preferred "natural" girls meaning girls who wear little to no makeup. I grew up with a mother and sister who wore makeup everyday and it took them a long time getting ready every morning and it was annoying. I want a girl who can be ready to leave in less than 15 minutes for a spontaneous night out.

Personality has definitely been a HUGE factor as of late mainly because I'm a fairly "odd" dude. Not in a sense I'm weird or creepy, I' m just my own person and I like a girl who can be on my level and not judge me for I am. Even better when she's like me in certain areas especially when it comes to humor and being empathic (in general). I've met a lot of women in my 20s and there's only been two girls who have fit what I'm looking for.

• Oops I picked A but meant to pick C.

I go by personality, and who likes me the most. I like being wanted. :-D

• Probably the majority

• True, most people like being liked ,

yet most guys chase the best looking girl option, or the girl option he thinks is easiest to get into bed... instead of the girl option that likes him the most.

• true, true.

Beauty does mean a lot to me

• In between I like it when chicks take care of themselves so athletic is a must. And as for personality she needs to be somewhat of a spitfire, and be caring.

• I dunno, haven't been on a date. If I ever go on one, I'll just go with the flow.

• Short term: 70L,30P
    Long term: 70P, 30L

Misclicked the answer, should be in between

• Any girl that shows interest in me gets to be asked out. Currently, two girls got asked out, one accepted the offer. I still can't believe one accepted the offer.

• Looks and personality matter.

• I don't really have a dating mind since I've never really Tried dating. But I'd have to be very attracted to them and I would have to see how they interact with other people. I like when I see someone who is genuinely nice to others.

• Looks first, personality second.

• It can't be or one or the other, not for me. We all have our own taste, look wise

• I care much more about personality than looks, but looks do play a small role, albeit small.

• Virtually everyone is in between. I wouldn't date a man or an old woman, so I care about looks to an extent, but obviously personality is important. Even the most superficial people are going to have a slight preference/attraction to some personalities.

• Sometimes I think mine works in reverse.