Is a social life of a man important when women make the choice of who they want to date?

The women who I find the most attractive are the preppy sorority girl types who seem to show some kind of interest in me. The only problem is once this girl gets the full picture of my incredibly boring life through Facebook after she friends me I feel like she knows that she is out of my league. How much do you feel like getting your social life down first is important to dating women you are attracted to?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's important to the extend on which you base your sense of self-worth on your social life. Do you consider your social life to be boring? What role do you see for your future girlfriends/dates in your social life - as in, do you hope for them to join in the activities you do for fun, or would you be equally happy if both of you continued to follow your own individual interests? I would say that it largely boils down to personal preference - I have friends who expect to spend most of their free time with their other halves, and I have friends who are perfectly happy with 1-2 date nights/week. Soo... I guess the trick is to figure out what your girl's expectations are & what your own are.

Most Helpful Guy

• Hopefully it's not because I have no social life.

What Girls Said 3

• I would much rather just hang out alone with him and watch movies/go on walks. Social interaction tires me out and makes me grumpy.

• Yep it's pretty important

• why does social life matter when you start dating somebody? I mean sure its interesting to know who he is and all but at the end what really matters is that the two of you have a good time together, right?

What Guys Said 1

• Agreed, most men who have a job do not really have a social life to speak of, just the reality of things. The woman is their social life