Would you date someone with an eating disorder?

• Yes!
  • No way!
  • If they were a good person!
  • If they were getting help!
  • Maybe...

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course I would, I would do anything to help them.

I had a eating disorder when I was 12, gladly my mom helped me and I started eating and gaining weight.

I know how it feels so I would totally date someone like that, I would do anything to help that person.

What Guys Said 8

• I voted yes. An eating disorder is a mental illness and some people stigmatize mental illnesses but I don't. I wouldn't want a date with an eating disorder... but if I was dating someone and I liked them, them having an eating disorder wouldn't be a deal breaker. I would like them to try and beat the illness though, rather than just ignoring the problem.

• it depends a little bit on how bad it is... if she's a walking skeleton then not, but if she looks normal then it would be no problem and I'd help her overcome it :)

• Yeah, because I'm skinny, but I do eat a fair bit.

• depends, are we talking over eating or anorexia?

• No I would not date a total headcase

• If we are close enough that we are basically dating and I found out about it we'd keep going, but I would definitely be there as a support to help her to overcome the eating disorder.

• Everyone has issues, why should that be a reason to rule someone out? I'm someone who has depression and would want emotional support myself so I would do the same for them.

• Sure. Dates would be cheaper.

• The lack of a sense of humor is a bigger strike against you.
      I realize girls are duds in that sense. I am, however, ashamed of the two guys (so far) that have sand in their vaginas.

• I laughed bro 😂

What Girls Said 5

• Depends on the reasons behind the disorder, if they were genuinely doing it for serious reasons that could be resolved through counselling and life changes then I'd support them. If it was just attention seeking, no chance.

• No, the drama would be a pain in the azz. I honestly don't have the time, energy, or patience these days to be dealing with other people's unchecked issues. They need to resolve and navigate through those messes without sucking the life out of others

• No because anorexia= Hairy bodied skeletons and bulimic people probably have bad breath from vomiting. Also people with eating disorders need to know what they're doing doesn't make them beautiful it makes them ugly and so they will stop (hopefully) also my friend has anorexia and she is disgusting, sorry for being a bit brutal but it needed to be said

• I would, as long as they're willing to get help.

• I have bulimia and I had no problem finding someone who loves me so I would think so.