Have you ever been in a relationship for 6+ months and not fallen in love?

• Yes
  • No
  • Never had a 6 mo relationship

Most Helpful Guy

• nope. If you hit 6 months and no joy... probably not going to happen. But it depends on how much you see each other also. It still could, but if feelings are going to develop to the love stage, it will usually happen by 3-4 months or less.

Most Helpful Girl

• has never happened, because I enter a commited relationship AFTER I fall in love.
    Meaning, I have "the Talk" when I feel myself falling for the dude. Before it's just non exclusive dating.
    I see no point in entering a relationship if there are no feelings involved...

• The whole point of a relationship is to find out if feelings will develop. To see if you have a future together. I will not date more then one woman at a time. and if we hit date 3 and I find out she is seeing more then 1 person, it will end immediately. If your not exclusive the chance of getting to the love stage is almost impossible. Unless your the type that feels the infatuation stage at the beginning of a relationship is love.

• No, I don't mean I stop dating someone after only 3 dates. In the case where I tried (at my therapists suggestion) to date more then 1 person at a time i just had to stop at 3 dates. To me, once you hit the 3rd date, you should only be seeing that one person, nobody else. otherwise what is the point of continuing. My mother tried to give me that "you need to go out with lots of people" when I was 16 and then after my divorce last year. I told her the same thing both times. That is not the kind of person I am. I look for quality, not quantity. I went on dates with only 5 women (never had a gf) before I met my ex wife. we were together 25 years. I didn't want the divorce. I have gone through one large learning curve this past year. I actually just ended a 8 month relationship.

• I know I've seen your posts which is why I'm trying to be helpful (don't know if I am but worth a shot). I get the whole quality thing and I was out of the dating world for a while. The thing is I go into most first dates knowing in all likelihood we probably won't be a good fit but hopefully will have a nice evening. When I was going on only one to two first dates a month it grew very tiresome quickly when he person really just wasn't quite what I was looking for.

Once I have a really good second date I don't schedule anymore dates for the time being, like you, just because that's me. But I also make sure after date 5 or so we are on the same page before I get in too deep. you're just so new to it I think getting a dozen or so no expectation first dates under your belt would be an awesome way for you to get an idea of what is out there and what you want. I know it seems tough now but when you meet someone who lights you up you'll be so glad you did.

What Guys Said 20

• Yes, I've been in 2 relationships that lasted more than 6 months and never fallen in love, another reason why I don't believe.

• You don't believe love exists because you personally haven't experienced it?

• I doubt he does but he very well could and I'm sure most people would slap me for saying that.

Bottom line though is people who abuse or mistreat those they claim to love do not define love itself or determine whether it exists...

• @RachelBrigs Yeah, but I don't have enough evidences to believe in love. I respect the fact that other people believe in it, but since I don't have the evidences, and I haven't experienced it either, then I can't believe in it.

• 2 years. It was my first ever relationship and I truly cared about her - sweet girl and I wanted her to be happy but I just never developed feelings for her. I regret making it last so long but I didn't know what I was doing. Lesson learned

• Yes it was one of my earlier relationships. She was really sweet so I thought that over time I'd love her but we didn't connect in other areas of our lives.

• I don't really have a tendency to get in a relationship with someone whom I'm not interested in.

I did that only once, it was a horribly silly idea.

• Yes, though when we first started dating we knew it would end at 9 months anyway due to us both moving. I couldn't tell you if I just never gave it a chance to grow, or if I actually never loved her though.

I know I really cared about her, enjoyed her company and found her very attractive- but I never once had butterflies, or nerves or anxiety over her/us. But again, that could have been because there was no pressure on us to make it work from the past, I wish I knew how I would have felt under normal circumstances.

• I shoudl add the one girl I dated for 3 years, I didn't know I loved her until like 3/4- year in.

• Yes the relationship before my most recent one was around 6 months and I left her because she was getting serious I was losing interest.

• No, i haven't. If we had been dating for that long, and i couldn't love them, then its obvious that its not gonna happen.

• What? I only get in relationships because I already have fallen in love. Not because I might fall in love. Personally I think doing it the other way around is the wrong to do.

• thats ridiculous!
    i usually love the person when i start a relationship...

• No. I can't ever be with someone if I don't like them in that way in the first place so yeah there's my two cents here.

• No, I have dated and end things altogether because I never felt anything strong within the first 3 months, but I wouldn't get myself involved in a relationship if I don't really feel emotionally involved for the first couple of months.

• Nice answer. I hated tornadoes.

• Why would someone start a relationship while not being in love, for crying out loud?

• Nope. If I'm not getting closer to that point when we're just dating, then I'm not making her my girlfriend. She has to wow me

• Yes and Yes. But she was fat.

• Nope. If I wasn't in love I wouldn't start a relationship in the first place.

• ı have been ın 1 relatıonshıps that lasted more than 4 years

• ALL GIRLS REJECT ME

• I haven't, but my friend did. That break up was really bad, and I was unfortunately front and center at the worst part.

• Other: I never get into a relationship unless I am already in love; those choices you presented are more what women would chose, because many women don't fall in love until after the first sex, whereas men are in love before the first sex, otherwise we (most) don't want a relationship.

• Yes, it's hard for me to fall in love quickly,

• Yeah but I agree with @rebelofnowhere if you aren't feeling a hint of it by then...

• I can understand that, but the human heart is strange... and may not follow the dictates of time...

• I guess just hope she does t grow tired.

What Girls Said 17

• If I can't see myself developing any deeper feelings for someone after six months, I'd leave. In both of my long term relationships, I knew I loved or would love them after only a few months of knowing them. I've Been With My current partner for 2 years now, and we felt love within 6 weeks ahah... and we still do, and it's still growing.

• I don't start a relationship if there is no love, enough said

• Like not love you can't be in love before starting a relationship... or can you?

• I don't think you can>.

Or you're just using the person's feelings for your selfish needs

• No.. what's the point in being in a relationship for so long when you aren't in love?

• Yes. With my first two boyfriends.

• I never been a relationship to being with! srry not much help here.

• I was in a relationship with a guy for 4 years. I loved the idea of him. I loved him too but I was never "in love" with him. Just wasn't there.

• I had one relationship that was more than 6 months and after 3 months maybe, it started going down hill and more and more painful and such. By the time it got to like 8 months, I started crying a lot and sleep depriving myself. It was so hard and miserable. My feelings were pretty strong but obviously it wasn't love.

• yup.. totally..

• Sadly I get attached easily 😓

• Hmm I gues tht can happen when people get into relationships just to try it out 1st

I have only got into a relationhip when I feel like there is a special connection there already.

An understanding of souls :)

• Shit, I've never even been in an actual relationship and I've fallen for someone. It took a couple months of constantly being together.

• Are you kidding? I fall in love/lust/infatuation before the first date, if I'm into the guy lmao

• Yes. Twice.

• No, I don't get Into relationships if I'm not already in love

• I never been in love so yeah

• Yes. The hard thing was he fell in love with me 4 months in, but I couldn't return his feelings. Which really sucked to be honest - I want to fall in love. The thing was we started out not even in a relationship, just having fun and enjoying each other's company without putting a label on things, and so even though I knew I couldn't see a future with him and wasn't developing strong feelings for him, I went ahead with it. We'd agreed to keep it casual, and I thought we could have a good time, part ways, and it'd all be fine.

His feelings on the situation changed, though, and he wanted more. So I gave myself the benefit of the doubt and thought, maybe I should open myself up to it, try and see if I fall in love. It didn't happen, though, and so after 4 more months, against a lot of protests from him, I had to break it off. For his sake and mine. He wasn't going to do it, and I knew I wasn't going to fall in love with him, so it had to be done.

I still cared about him, though. I thought he was a great guy, and enjoyed the time we spent together, and I honestly wish him the very best. I just didn't fall in love with him for whatever reason. I'm actually disappointed I didn't, but there's not much I can do about that.

I've never been in love, actually. It worries me slightly.

• Oh yes. I thought I cared for the guy... but he wasn't around much. He gave the bare minimum and I realized that I needed a bit more contact than that to be in a relationship. I detached around the 7th month and didn't care what he did any more.