I have noticed that lots of people say?

They say without sex in a relationship, its basicly not a relationship, that it means ur just friends.. so what about if ur waiting till ur married for sex? Does that mean u NEVER date? What is ur take on this?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it's ridiculous and an excuse of course you can have a healthy relationship without sex, I'm waiting until marriage personally and I've had plenty of fine relationships. Now a marriage is a different case of course sex and physical intimacy of that nature is required for marriage but not for a regular relationship.

Most Helpful Girl

• i think those people r ridiculous. I've been in 2 relationships and both of them were JUST FINE without sex. only reason they broke off was because of personal issues that were going on at the time.

if people define a relationship by whether or not it contains sex, they should already know that their mindset is in the wrong place.

What Guys Said 3

• Whether you are "dating" depends on your intentions. If you are spending time with someone who you view as a romantic interest for the purpose of determining whether you should become a long-term relationship/get married, then you are dating.

• For me personally, a relationship without any kind of sexual play whatsoever, is very unfulfilling for me.

I won't stand for it, my needs won't be met and I'd be unhappy or tempted to cheat (both are no bueno )

• well yea there could be some foreplay and fondling and stuff but not ACTUALLY having sex

• I can be OK with all that without intercourse

Most people when they say "sex" mean sexual contact and sexual play in general, not just intercourse in particular

• yea.. sry, lol, my bad

• If you're waiting till marriage for sex, then it's not all it's hyped up to be. There's some good reads about modern women who have, and are disappointed they did.

• really.. and y is that.. say like an example plz?

• dont be sorry, just think. ud be surprised how intelligent you are if you attempt to make sense of stuff yourself.

• yea.. I guess

What Girls Said 2

• That's a subjective sort of thing. If you're waiting till you get married so in a relationship but remaining chaste, of course that still qualifies as 'dating'. Just that for myself, for whom sex happens to be something I decided not to save for marriage, there would be no point in holding off if I'm sexually attracted to someone I'm with.

• Although I didn't wait until marriage, my goal was to wait until I found the person I wanted to marry. And even then it was two years into our relationship before we had sex. Don't believe what you hear, being in a relationship in my opinion is being able to spend part of your life with someone special and be able to go on dates (both out and in) and just having someone that makes you smile and feel happy and warm inside.