Should I date him even though people don't typically find him attractive?

There's this guy that I really like who's really sweet and nice and he's really funy. I think he likes me back, he seems to really care about me. But a lot of people say, "Oh he's werid,"or,"he's not that cute." Once a person I knew said that he looks like a pothead, which is so rude because he's not like that, I know him. I mainly like him because of his personality and how he treats me right, but everyone is always like "ew, you like him?", and its annoying. I know I shouldn't care, but people act like its strange that I like him, is it really that weird?

Its not like he's butt ugly or something tho

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds like your searching for assurance that its ok to like this guy ya know beauty is in the eye of the beholder meaning you think he's great but others dont and right now yeah every bodys like "ewww" but i promise you all it takes is one girl to not care and give him a chance and then once other girls see how he is with her theyll all be hoping wishing and i bet trying to get with him

Most Helpful Girl

• Date him. Surround yourself with people who make you a better person. From what I can tell, he is someone you should keep around, and the people talking shit about him are the ones you should distance yourself from. Keep close the ones who make you happy! 💗

What Guys Said 14

• So if you met a guy that beat the shit out of you but your friends thought he was cool and popular would you date him?

If you like him then you like him. Don't be a pawn to what other people say you should like. They may end up dating someone that YOU think is ugly because there is no one that is accepted by everyone in the world as handsome.

• I would never date someone just because their cool. I would never let some boy beat me, I have more dignity than that. Thanks for your opinion tho ☺

• Not really.

If you like him, date him, give him a chance. Simple as that.
    It doesn't matter what everybody else thinks, he may be your future husband. Who knows.

• The question is not whether THEY find him attractive, but if YOU find him attractive.

• You're gonna date him, not people. And everyone had different choices, if you go by other people, you might end up with someone you wished you hadn't.

• Just do you. If you always go by what others think, then that would be a sad existence.

• Of course you should date him. He's going to be your date, not theirs.

• It only matters what u think

• Yes, If u really like him

• Who cares what other people say. It's your life and your happiness.

• You shouldn't need the approval of others in order to date a dude. The weird and nerdy ones always have the best jobs, the best families, the hottest wives and coolest houses. The people that laugh and point fingers will be deadbeats working at McDonald's til age 40 because they can't conquer their meth addiction. You will have a better life with a dork like him.

Make those people eat their words and wish they were you.

• If you like him and want to date him, then date him. What does it matter if anyone else finds him attractive? You don't (or at least shouldn't) date someone based on what it'll make others think, just go for who you like.

• If the idea of making out with him is appealing, even if you're not ready to, go for it. If the idea of making out with him is not appealing, don't date him.

• What is your name? Or at least the first letter in your name?

• Uh why?

• and my name starts with an S

• Oh forget about it...

• Men don't GAF what people think, but women do. Stand up for yourself, if he's right for you, so be it. Wouldn't it be ultra-satisfying if they would somehow come around to your view and you could secretly gloat (be nice!)

What Girls Said 10

• You shouldn't care what they think or at least ignore it. If you really like him out that aside and date him because of what he has on the inside and not on the outside.

After a while your friends will get use to him or think he's a pretty sweet or cool guy and see that they were wrong but they will never figure that out if they don't get to know him by you dating him.

P. S. People not typically wanting to date him is a great thing it's actually an even better reason why you should date him. You won't have to worry about a girl stealing him from you lol

• You're too immature to date him if you're really putting this much thought into what people would think of you if you did date him. He deserves so much better than that.

• I wanted to say this

• I'm not attacking you, but you're showing your age in jumping to that conclusion. I'm just telling you you're not ready to date if that's your biggest concern.

• You should've put it that way before, I don't know if you realized it, but it came off pretty insulting due to the fact that your saying I'm "immature" or "he deserves better". You don't know me, so how would you know all these things about me based on one question?

• You like him. Date him.
    It's simply like that.
    You're the one, who is supposed to like him, not them. You shouldn't care. Or would you rather date a complete dickhead you don't even like only because others think he is better?
    Think about it.

• Sounds like you want to date him so, give him a chance and date him. Trust your intuition, he sounds like a nice guy who will probably treat you right.

• This question comes shallow man, screw what people think why should you care what they have to say if y'all are happy together?

• Date him because you like him and for the person that he is to you :)
    I wouldn't care about what others think cos hey, it's you dating him... not them!

• Date who you like because YOU like him, not because someone else thinks he's cute/not cute.

• I am dating a guy that my friends call ugly but I ignored there opinions and dated him anyways they eventually saw that he was a good person and made me happy so they stopped bugging me about it.

• It is not weird at all. You are entirely your own person and should make your decisions on your own. People are judgmental. Real friends will be concerned with real issues, being concerned with solely how someone looks is just shallow and silly.

• Date him. It shouldn't matter what people think of him only what you think of him.