My boyfriend likes someone else?

So my friend hacked into my boyfriend's email I felt guilty that she was doing that. It was her idea. Because she was worried about him and wanted to see if he was doing something he shouldn't be doing. Well she found out that he likes another girl that he's been hanging out with. My question is why not break up with me if he likes the other girl? Its not that I want him to break up with me but I just don't want to get cheated on.

Also we haven't seen each other in a month because I'm grounded.

Most Helpful Guy

• First it is ok to be honest that you looked at his emails. Not something I support but I know people can't help themselves. There is an old saying, where there is smoke there is fire. If your gut thinks he is up to no good, he is probably up to no good.

Anyway, you are already being cheated on emotionally. If he likes another girl and has been seeing her, it is cheating. Some people like to find someone else before ending the prior relationship. It's cowardly but it happens more often than not.

Come clean, straight up ask him and if he comes clean that he needs to make a decision. Take pride in yourself and don't let anyone make you a victim. If he is behaving poorly, there is no reason to try and figure out why or what you did wrong. It is his choice and his choice alone and he has to own up to that.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you two should meet and talk about your relationship. I wouldn't mention the girl if I were you, though.
    Just ask him what he feels, if everything is ok between you two and if something doesn't seem you right, ask him how can you two fix the relationship.

If he says that everything is cool, that he loves you and there's no one else, you should consider what to do.
    Maybe he tries to let go of the feeling he has for her, and maybe he doesn't.
    There's a quote saying- "if you love two people at the same time, choose the second. Because if you really loved the first one, you wouldn't have fallen for the second."

Anyway, good luck. If you need anything- help or just talk to someone, I'm always here for you :)

What Guys Said 5

• First off... I want your friends number... computer purposes only...(fellow comp geek)
    secondly.. darling, guys like the law of averages... girls usually want only one guy, guys usually want to be with as many as possible. I can't guarantee he won't cheat on you, but I can tell you that if you play your cards right, he won't even be interested in this girl at all.
    (plus you are grounded and can't see him, he needs some kinda distraction lol... how are you on GaG and you are grounded?)

• I stole my iPod back lol

• e-high five from me. go girl. i remember when i used to do the same... except i was only grounded once... and it had like a 24-hour life because that was not the norm.

• "why not break up with me if he likes the other girl? "

Because he doesn't have the backbone to do it. That or he wants a plan B (you) in case something with that girl doesn't work out.

• He's going to cheat on you; you might as well end it.

• He probably wants to see if it's going to work with her first before he breaks up with you

• She can be arrested for that, hacking into his email

What Girls Said 1

• Because he wants to have his cake and eat it too. He keeps you around for steady emotional security, while he is lusting over her. I think you should break up with him.