How do personality and looks mix to you? (Percentage wise)!

Firstly, if you want to skip directly to the question without the back story, just go to the last paragraph haha
:)
I kind of had this conversation with a guy friend, that threw me off a little bit. He showed me this pic of a guy who to me isn't very attractive and then a pic of his girlfriend (she is pretty hot compared to him) and he was totally blown away by the fact that she was the one who wanted to go out with this dude.

And my friend says that to him looks are very important and that he would rather have a hot girl with an uglier personality. He even showed me his friend's girlfriend (he thinks she is ugly, which she totally isn't )

So now I'm feeling a bit down, because I remembered I have a crush on a very attractive guy and I am not a very good looking girl

So I was just wondering to you (percentage wise) how do looks and personality mix? Is it 50-50 or maybe 60%looks and 40 personality? Etc.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, if your "very attractive guy" has something in his head other than air, he may like you (provided that you also have a nice personality). Even if I only wanted sex, I would care about the girl's personality. In that case, it'd be a much more shallow look at her personality, though: I would want her to be sexy, and keep everything a secret. If I'm looking for a long-term relationship, I'm looking for a girl with a lot of personality traits, and who looks pretty. Judging by your picture, I would say that you look pretty. With the right make up and clothing, you can look like a goddess.

• Lol I like the first phrase.
      Thank you. Was wearing make-up, but very subtle, I don't like very hard make-up
      And yeah, not sure a lab coat is the right clothing, but he usually sees me with it because we are both in med school
      And plus he's Arabic, so not sure if exposure is the way to attract him

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm a good looking girl. And because of that, looks matter very much to me, so 80% looks, 20% personality? Let's face reality, people are usually attracted to good looking people. I think looks is one factor where we just have to suck up to, I'm not completely happy with my looks either, but I am good looking. Okay, the thing is, I think different people have different views of everything. Like for me looks would matter because I am a good looking girl whereas for a girl who's not so good looking would want that looks don't matter that much because (to comfort herself? Idk)

But of course, I believe that every true relationship, emphasis on true, is fated. So if God planned for you to get together with this handsome guy, I'm pretty sure he'll fall head over heels in love with you. You just have to be patient and the right guy will come to you.

Sorry if I'm harsh, just facing reality.

• Nothing harsh about your opinion, everyone hhas their preferences :)

• I'm not that good looking but of course, as you said, people including me are naturally attracted to good looking people, so I agree there. It's just that if they're attractive and then you find out they have a great personality it's just sooooo much better but honestly looks are a big first impression!

For me on the other hand if they're super attractive and they're jerks, I'm out.

What Guys Said 20

• For me, this is the 'approximate' break-up:-

Looks: 20%
    Personality: 30%
    Intelligence:- 50%

I know that intelligence is part of personality, but I'm somehow magnetically attracted to intelligent women!

Regarding your other question, you're just being paranoid because looks are subjective. Who knows, this guy might actually consider your attractive, even if you don't! :)

• Oh, to me intelligence is included in the personality haha. That is super important :)

Oh, my friend already made me lose hope haha. I doubt I have a chance, but oh well, it will go away eventually..

• What if he likes your personality, just the way you liked that other 'uglier' guy? :P

Don't rule anything out! He may actually find you good looking, and even if he doesn't, he may still like you for your personality! :)

• Thank you very much. Yeah, maybe there's a slim chance, though better to be careful because I don't want it to happen like it happened with the other guy

• 80% looks and 80% personality.

I wouldn't want to consider dating someone I find unattractive physically, and I certainly wouldn't want to date someone whom I find behaviorally repulsive (or someone who smokes, acts needy possessive demanding etc.)

But you need both.

• Its more like 70% personality and 30% looks. Because she can look like Megan Fox, if her personality is trash, and she bullies other girls that aren't as beautiful as her, she gets ugly in the eyes of men even when she looks like a goddess. I bet a lot of men can relate when I say "Every boy/man knows this one girl/woman that looks sexy and beautiful as hell but you just dont feel well when she's next to you or near you. Even tho she never bullied you, she somehow has this bad aura and brings a bad atmosphere with her where ever she goes. And THIS makes her ugly" so its 70% and 30%. But when I dont know her, and what she does to other people, I dont feel this negative atmosphere obviously, and thats why I never ask for the private life of my one night stands! Then its 90% looks 10% personality.

• I've literally fallen for an amazing personality

• I was going to say 80% personality and 20% looks but @DeenaGupro 's statistic reminded me... in reverse. Personality over looks all day but his percentage is just about right. just a heads up Deena, thats a sign of insecurity... just a heads up

• Some people think that I'm shallow, but I see it as 50% personality and 50% looks. But I will only date a girl that at least has a good amount of both.

• 80% looks and 80% personality.

I wouldn't want to consider dating someone I find unattractive physically, and I certainly wouldn't want to date someone whom I find behaviorally repulsive.

But you need both

• For me it's 80% personality & 20% looks.
    Also, after you fall for a person they automatically become more attractive to you. I've experienced that.

• True. I fell so hard for a guy once, it overshadowed everything. He was so attractive to me and only after I got over it, I realised he wasn't THAT great

• For me it is opposite. She is a friend and she was average/below average looking before I liked her. As we spent more time I fell for her, after that I started seeing her as very beautiful woman. She hasn't changed her appearance. Even in her old pics I find her attractive.

• Casual Dating: 70% Looks , 30% Personality
    Exclusive: 40% Looks, 60% Personality

• Personality 60 %
    Looks 40 %

Personality is the most important thing, but I have my tastes when it comes to looks

• I don't know about anyone else but is rate you a 7 so your pretty attractive honestly. but percentage wise i would say 65-35 or 70-30

• As I said on MY question, it's 50/50. Looks to ask u out, personality to keep me.

• It really evens out for me. Looks are an important factor to me at first sight but my range is really wide. For example I would date a goth, emo, hottie looking girl but less one who looks like one of those mainstream hipster girls without know

• Initially 100% looks
    From there 100% character. To me personality is meaningless.

• hello kity is cute lol
    looks-personality
    51-49

• Omg I didn't even notice how badly the title is written, wtf. I am on my phone and tend to mess up lol

• 60 looks 40 personality.

• I used to be all about personality, but I learned that 99% of people have shitty ones. So if I'm going to bother with her at all, she'd better be hot and know how to fuck.

Pump and dump. Only way to roll.

• I have a weird system. Looks determine how fast you get in the door personality determines how long you can stay. So the less attractive you are the longer it's gonna take before I come around to actually giving you a chance and dating you. But if your personality is awesome i'd let you stay forever. If you're super attractive my doors wide open but I have zero problem kicking you out if your personality isn't up to par. So percentage changes with time the longer time goes the more the percentage shifts in favor of personality. It also depends on my mood. If I'm having a bad day you literally have to walk straight out of my dreams for me to even bother looking in your direction. If I'm intoxicated and single all you pretty much have to do is hug me long enough and I'm yours.

• Lol, it's actually an interesting system

• I'm assuming you have godly looks then to stipulate such stringent conditions on the opposite sex. I'd hate to think you were a hypocrite.

• I did model a little in college but I wouldn't dare call myself godly in the looks department. I'm not even sure what that would look like. But I honestly didn't think my rules were so stringent though. It's not a crime to be more open to dating people you're more attracted too.

What Girls Said 10

• I'd say 25% looks, 75% personality. Personality will always trump looks to me. There has to been some sort of attraction, but it takes so much more than that.

• It's difficult to say a percentage, but the personality weighs in so much more, for sure

However, there are such things as finding someone attractive. I also have to feel attracted to the looks as well. Of course, feelings can make someone more attractive on your eyes, but they have to have a minimum of attractiveness that speaks to your personal tase. If you know what I mean :)

• 60% looks 40% personality. I find looks a bit more important. But whether or not I'll be with the guy depends on his personality, which really seals the deal.

• most of the people i get asked out by are by strangers on the street. so i say yes to a date based on looks and personal style. but to get a 2nd date he needs a good personality. I've been on many 1st dates with guys who look like models but guys that attractive and take that good of care of themselves tend to not care about other people. so i usually only date average looking people because they have better rounded personalities.

• 60 looks 40 personality

• Maybe 50-50 I guess lol

• When I am first interested in them, its about 80/20 (looks/personality). After going on a few dates it turns into about 60/40. And then when its official it slowly gets lower. Like 40/60. So yeah, I'm shallow at first. There has to be a good attraction there for me to want anything. But after that point, I'm more interested in who you are and your sense of humor than I am your looks.

• Personally, I am ALWAYS attracted to someone's personality over their looks. I honestly couldn't care less if a guy isn't considered to be supermodel potential haha! The only thing that would bother me would be if his hygiene was poor, because that's something that's in his control.

I tend to find that when I really like someone for their personality, I start to find a lot of things about them very attractive - eg I will notice how lovely their crooked smile is, or how I love a freckle on their face, or a funny birthmark or something. Their imperfections become attractive because it's what makes them who they are.

Looks fade. A great personality never does. Choose wisely, and NEVER think you aren't good looking enough for a guy.

• It depends on the other person everyone is different; to me I'd be 60 looks 40 personality. But just act confident even if you don't feel it just act it and eventually you'll gain some confidence and maybe he'll look at you people like confidence