How do I even compete in dating?

I feel like a little league player up against a professional team.

I have zero dating experience. This one girl I'm talking to now (not dating yet) has told me she's had 3 previous boyfriends. How do I measure up to that? How can I even compete with that. Dating is all about experience and I got none.

Help.
Bumppppp

Most Helpful Girl

• Please don't worry about how much experience other men have had. It matters very little in the dating world other than maybe the confidence and familiarity they got out of how things work. Girls don't mind :) Dating thrives on chemistry and connection, and the first step is putting yourself out there and approaching women. Work on being the best version of yourself you can and want to be, try some new things... like putting yourself in new settings and going out there more, pep talk yourself into more confidence, tweak up the style a little bit, and talk to girls. See where that leads. It's not a competition, you wanna find a good girl who makes you happy and is worth putting time into getting to know and she wants the same. You'll be okay. I'm probably the same age as you, and I'm telling you none of my friends or me would care how experienced a guy our age is in the dating world.

What Girls Said 2

• Dating is about compatibility, not competition.

Sure, having experience could be useful in seeing how to identify compatibility or how to build compatibility, but there is no magic number of exes or previous experiences required to attain that goal.

Focus on how YOU interact with her. Spend more time thinking about what you can do to build a bind with her and less time thinking about her exes.

• Why do you have to 'measure up'? Everyone is unique in their own way. Just be you.

What Guys Said 4

• There's lots of guys that look alpha but actually are scared of talking to girls. You might be surprised. Just be confident, learn how girls communicate and go after them.

• The fact that you put as an example league of legends is probably the reason you're not good at dating xD

• This is a tiger:
    cdn.thewire.com/.../lead_large.jpg
    Life gave him enough tools to destroy you with ease
    This is a turtle:
    i.huffpost.com/.../o-TURTLE-facebook.jpg
    Life gave him a box to hide in
    Long story short life isn't fair get used to it. Surprising thing about the turtle it and alligators are some of the longest surviving species on earth today. But that's beside the point. I'm not here to give you a pep talk I'm here to lay some reality on you. Life handed you what you got. You've got two options: use every ounce of it you can no matter the odds to make your life as close to your desires as possible or sit around sad till you die. You're not gonna feel confident. You're not gonna be free of doubt. But you're still gonna do it. Why? Because every single one of your ancestors did. Every single one of your ancestors went out there against all odds and tried thier best. If they didn't you wouldn't be here. So honor your ancestors and try or give up your choice.

• I like your answer man but I'm done I give up. Every time I get a girls number they ignore me. I don't text non stop I act cool and don't come off needy. Even if a girl initially acts interested she turns cold fast.

• Just be yourself. Also... be good to her and show her your intentions. And presto, a relationship.