My boyfriend says thank you when people call me pretty. What does this mean?

When i meet his friends they say im pretty and he says thank you. Im not sure what this means. is he proud of me?

Most Helpful Guy

• Absolutely. He is proud of you and that he was able to land a beautiful person like you.

• Thank you for MHO.

• That makes perfect sense. He might feel threatened by the other guys.

• Oh Thank You Very Much!

Most Helpful Girl

• That's his way of saying "I know she's pretty, you know she pretty, now back off"
    Lol at least your guy is vocal, mines just stares at the other person like "I'm staring at you, but your existence is irrelevant"

What Guys Said 4

• You're his trophy!!! just kidding!(maybe) but he's asserting himself to those around him that you are his. And he does know how hot you are!

• I see two parts to that thank you. One, that he's proud of you and 2, that by people calling you pretty, they recognize your boyfriend has good taste.

I don't see malice in either.

• He likes yiuso much

• He actually found a very smart, non-violent solution to deal with other guys hitting on you in his presence.

What Girls Said 4

• yeah, he includes himself into convo. there's no way to secretly flirt with you when the conversation happens with you, a friend and a boyfriend. ;) :)

• It means he knows you're pretty and he's happy others see that. He's proud to have you as his girlfriend.

• he is glad to be with you

• Your boyfriend is a smart man. :p