If a guy invited me over for coffee, is that the same as a date but more casual? Or is it just a friendly thing to do?

I introduced myself to a guy at my college, and he asked me over for coffe (in his dorm room I think). Is that like a date or is it just a casual get to know each other and it's nothing special?

& Is it a "just want to be friends" move?

Most Helpful Guy

• I went to many, many coffee house with many girls, never considered it a date, just a neutral place to talk to each other.
    My wife and me will both meet someone in a coffee house without even thinking about date, romance or sex.
    If he invites you in his dorm room, it's possibly less innocent.

www.copenhagentavern.be/.../...s%20la%20royale.jpg

• Do you think he's looking forward to it as much as I am then? Or is it like eh whatever

• No idea. I don't know what he hopes.

Most Helpful Girl

• More casual, if it was a date I think you would go out in public for it, in my opinion

What Guys Said 3

• It can be considered a date.

• It's both. It's to get to know you and see if a second date is a good idea...

• A get to know with the possibility of going on a date is the way I would look at it.

What Girls Said 0