Would you date vegan?

I'm a girl, 18 and I'm a vegan because I feel bad for animals.
I have a crush on a guy.
some people say that they won't date vegan.
Thanks!!

Most Helpful Girl

• Some people will, others won't. It depends on how important having a similar lifestyle is to the person youare thinking of dating. If it's just a casual relationship you're looking for, I don't think most people would have a problem, but if you're looking for something long term, it could be frustrating for someone who really likes meat to live with someone who won't eat any animal products. Food is something people really bond over.

I don't think it would be a problem for EVERY non vegan... I'm sure there's a lot of meat eating people who wouldn't mind seriously dating a vegan, but I'm also sure that there are a few people who wouldn't even consider it.

Mad respect to you for sticking to veganism... I very very rarely eat meat,, but I would have a hard time giving up cheese on top of that. Someday I might get there ahah

What Guys Said 26

• I am a vegetarian and hope to become vegan. Even being just vegetarian people tend to avoid you because I think it makes people think you are some sort of rigid rights extremist who will bash other disagreeing parties when that is not the case. I feel you sister. I'm sure you will find the right person though. If someone won't date you because you're against animal cruelty then they aren't worthy anyway.

• Depends. There are 2 kinds of vegans.
    1. The vegan who just minds their own business, does what they want to do and lets everyone around them do what they want to do as well. The kind that is a normal person.
    2. The vegan that shoves their diet and lifestyle down your throat, brags about being healthier, and calls you a terrible person for using animal products.

I would date 1. I wouldn't even want to talk to 2

• The only one shoving any diet/lifestyle down the throats of others is you in that you force the animals to suffer and die to conform to your diet and lifestyle. That's about as stupid as saying that there are two kinds of anti-rape advocates, those that mind their own business and those who try to force others to adhere to their beliefs that rape is wrong. This logic doesn't apply when a choice has a victim.

• "you're that second kind of vegan, aren't you? Meat eaters DONT shove our diets in vegans faces. We dont go "Hey Im eating meat from an animal that was tortured. How do you feel about THAT?" or "Look im wearing a leather jacket! bet this gets you angry huh?" We dont give a fuck about vegans or what they do." You don't shove it in our faces, what you do is force your lifestyle on billions of animals every year who have ti suffer and die for no other reason than that you have your head stuck so far up your own ass that you think that their suffering can justify your culinary satisfaction. I would prefer is everyone would KEEP THEIR FUCKING EATING HABITS TO THEMSELVES AND NOT FORCE THEM ON OTHERS.

• "Hey you're healthy and you support animal rights, thats great. Its your life. And this is MY life and if i want to eat meat, then i want to eat meat without getting lectured by an annoying vegan." Uhuh and if someone broke in to your house, butchered your family before your eyes and when you tried to stop it said "Hey you're healthy and you support human rights, thats great. Its your life. And this is MY life and if i want to eat human flesh, then i want to eat humans without getting lectured by an annoying anti-cannibal" exactly how would you feel?

• I never had a problem dating vegetarians, never dated a vegan though. Just so long as they didn't try to impose their dietary restrictions on me. I'm fine going out and having my date eat quinoa and salad, as long as they didn't try and deliver a lecture on how the cow in my tartare was slaughtered.

I'd say he shouldn't have an issue with your preferences so long as you don't make them an issue. Don't be like Adquidorator... People like that are the reason that omnivorous folks sometimes won't even associate with vegans or vegetarians.

• yes I would do it as long as they respect my diet and not try to convert me.

I have many vegan friends and one has a boyfriend which eats meat and it works perfectly fine, so don't worry about that :)

• Not a deal breaker but keep in mind millions of animals die in nature of the food chain. Bigger animals eat smaller animals. Pretty much universal.

• Depends on whether I can still eat hamburgers and meat.

• I won't. Not prejudice or anything but I dont want a girl telling me what to eat, nor not being able to go to a steakhouse at weekends. I really enjoy meat and I dont think a vegan girl and I would e able to keep going after a while.

• Since when is ur diet becomes problemtatic to ur other half? Unless they dont shove it in yo mouth, u should be fine

• If that was her lifestyle, I wouldn't object to it unless she tried to impress it on me. There will never be a tofurkey on my table come Thanksgiving dinner.

• "impress it on me"
      1. the word you're looking for is impose
      2. The only one "imposing" anything is you in that you impose your desire for meat on the animals.

• Again, the only one on a soapbox is you.

• *pokes again*

• Yeah but dont get into my world as far as my meat goes or Its on like Donkey Kong

• "Your meat" is what's on your body, what you eat was the animals.

• @adquidorator "Never wrestle with a pig, you'll both get dirty and the pig will enjoy it."
      In other words, don't argue with an idiot, you both look stupid and the idiot enjoys it!

Which party you belong to is which is easily identifiable by the fact that you keep trying to egg people on. Done.

• @Bigbear83 You call me an idiot and yet I refuted every claim that you made :)

• only if she doesn't try to push her plant hating agenda on me. everyone feels bad for animals, but plants are alive too #plantsrights

• @adquidorator sit the fuck down social justice warrior. it was a joke. and that means you have to eat ~10x your current intake to sufficiently get the same amount of energy as a meat eater genius. meaning you are eating ~10x more resources and wasting ~10x more food. and either way, we are meant to eat meat. why do you think we are omnivores? you can't get the proper nutrients naturally without eating meat. if eating animals is wrong, why do other animals do it (and yes, we are animals). saying that eating meat or animal based problems is wrong is like saying we shouldn't breathe air.

• @adquidorator you know what dude, you win. i really don't give a fuck anymore. if you're really that butthurt that you really need to win this debate, fine. have fun with your pussyshit vegan life and good luck in the future. if your biggest goal in life is to convince people that an unnecessary way of life and refusing evolution of human biology, you definitely won this battle. have fun looking like a 95lb stick who looks more malnourished than a holocaust survivor and trying to pass it off as healthy. have a good life.

• "you know what dude, you win. i really don't give a fuck anymore. if you're really that butthurt that you really need to win this debate, fine." It's not about being "butthurt" it's about giving a shit about others. "have fun with your pussyshit vegan life and good luck in the future." Yeah, because you have to be so brave to pay people to kill a helpless animal for you. "if your biggest goal in life is to convince people that an unnecessary way of life" News flash: you need to eat plants to survive, but you ccan get along just fine without meat and as I stated before, it's way less wasteful news.yahoo.com/.../vegetarian-2050-190426669.html "Unnecessary" my ass. tell that to the 900 million starving people who could have been fed 4.5 times over were we not wasting all the food we do as animal feed. "have fun looking like a 95lb stick who looks more malnourished than a holocaust survivor and trying to pass it off as healthy. have a good life." Could a "95 lb stick" bench press 300+ and squat 500+ lbs :)

• Never known a vegan not to have twisted priorities and be militant about it. I don't care if a person doesn't eat meat, but the anthropomorphizing of animals gets you a big knock in respect and esteem for your intelligence.

• as-long as she doesn't make me eat vegan food and doesn't complain when i eat meat i would be just fine with it :D

• If she let's me eat what I want it is good.

• If you let me eat in peace, then yes.

• You cannot eat in peace if what you eat suffered from pain and violence.

• @Bigbear83 Making a moronic and irrelevant claim like that isn't "clowning" it's making a clown out of yourself.

• @adquidorator Of course it's relevant. I mean, evolution and all that. Nature has given us reason and intelligence, two great hunting tools. Nature gave us canine frontal teeth for rending meat. We're meant to eat other animals.

• preferably not, but you gotta understand that if we all go vegan... it won't decrease animal cruelty.

• as long as you don't make me change my diet, or give me speeches about my health

• Relax your chin bruv!
    Bare mandemz ud check a vegan gyal! Trust me cuz!

• yes i would but i will still eat meat

• Dating a vegan would be an insult to my well being.

• i dont think it would ever make a difference to me but then again everyone is different

• Not for a long , steady relationship.

• yes I would def

• no I would not date a vegan or a vegitarian

• Perhaps I should let you in on a secret, the animals don't know you are eating them.

Just don't push your way of eating on the guy and you shouldn't have an issue. If the guy has a beef with you being vegan, he isn't worth your time.

• As long as they don't lecture me when I try to eat a meal containing meat we'll be good. I will respect their life choices as well.

• Having two sides does not imply symmetry. And what's wrong with informing people about the ills of society anyways?

• I have no issue with her informing me when I am not eating, but when I have the food in front of me it isn't okay. I love learning and being informed, just not about what I am about to eat within seconds.

• Truth is truth, regardless of the situation.

What Girls Said 7

• Yes, I would. I'd love to. That would be my motivation to go vegan. I'm a vegetarian at the moment.

• As long as I can still eat meat and animal products without being lectured about it :)

• No probs with me.

• I wouldn't date a vegan, no.

• Its a no from me. I love meat and he better loves it too cause we'll be eating that a lot.

• I would rather not.

• No. Too much hassles.