How do you date your female friend?

So my really close friend and I both recently fell out of relationships. We know each other really well and were basically helping each other out along the way with all of this. Then a few weeks ago she said that she was really into me physcially but didn't want to try dating because she didn't want to ruin our friendship. Last weekend she wound up inviting me over for drinks, just the two of us. Well, we got plastered, I told her how I had mutual feelings for her, and we wound up hooking up. Anyway, she was bothering me to hang out for most of the week after I avoided her, afraid she'd be mad at me, and she wound up asking me out. Uhhh... so what should I be expecting from a date? I do really like her but I'm terrified this could screw things up between us and I'm at a loss here since I would go to her for dating advice in the past. That and I've never dated a friend. How does that work since we're going to try formal dating but we already know each other really well? What should I do on a date in that case? And when she asked me out she basically said, "well I don't want to hurt you by giving you false hope, but I've been thinking a lot lately and really think we should try dating" What should I think of that? She sounds almost as confused about this as I do

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

• " We know each other really well and were basically helping each other out along the way with all of this."

^but still... u were helpin each other jsut as FRIENDS... right?

"Then a few weeks ago she said that she was really into me physcially but didn't want to try dating because she didn't want to ruin our friendship. "

^makes sense then... but keep in mind of course she finds u attractive indeed...

"Last weekend she wound up inviting me over for drinks, just the two of us. Well, we got plastered, I told her how I had mutual feelings for her, and we wound up hooking up"

^but u were both drunk weren't u... so u have some xcuse then... ;)

"Uhhh... so what should I be expecting from a date? I do really like her but I'm terrified this could screw things up between us and I'm at a loss here since I would go to her for dating advice in the past. "

^well... then u should start thinkin wether u should be friends or end up being more than just plain friends... u should decide about how do u see her...

if u see her as a friend mostly then better cancel yer date and xplain to her y u cancelled... ;)

""well I don't want to hurt you by giving you false hope, but I've been thinking a lot lately and really think we should try dating" What should I think of that? She sounds almost as confused about this as I do"

^it seems like SHE's seein u more than a friend... so now it's up to u to decide how do u see her... ;)