Guys, How do I ask guy friend to start dating?

So, I'm finally ready to ask my guy friend/coworker out. We have been to the movies once and he came over to my place watch a movie. But, I want to make it clear that I want to go out on a date as more than friend's but not jump into a relationship. What's the best way for me to say this? (Will be texting him since we work together it's the most privacy we will have)

3

Most Helpful Guy

• Ask him specifically, "do you want to go on a date?".

The time you've been out before, hopefully you've not caller them dates so when you use the word he won't be confused

• No, neither of us have called it a date before. I just ask- hey would you like to go to """""". He is a really nice guy so I don't want him to just say yes to avoid hurting my feelings.

• If he's a friend or good guy like you say he'll let you down easy. Probably will apologize too. Just nod respectfully and say, "no, that's ok. I'll see you later" then leave.

• Worst case scenario he says he doesn't see you as anything more than a friend. In that case you can just say, " oh. I thought I was picking up some romantic vibes from you. My mistake. Sorry". Then leave as respectfully as possible.

What Guys Said 2

• That's basically a casual dating.
    What did he do when he was over to your place watching a movie.

• That's good, at least you're clear with what you want.
      It's better to say in person, rather than texting. My POV

• Come back and update with me if it's possible.
      Pity you, a woman who HAS to do all the works ;P

• Haha, yes can't believe all this pressure is placed on men! I definitely will. I'm going to suck it up and ask tomorrow.

• I don't wanna sound rude. But i don't recommend to have your coworker as your boyfriend.

• I don't find it rude. But its a restaurant, half the staff is dating or married. Plus he graduates college next year and will be in another field.