Is rude if your boyfriend doesn't want to see you at all during your period?

He hasn't told me directly but is very obvious. He doesn't invite me to go to the beach with him like every weekend. He doesn't even invite me to go to his house.

I understand that we can not have sex but still feel rare that he just text me during that days and asks if I still have my period.

Most Helpful Guy

• That's a Dick move of him, seems like a sexual relationship, aka only wanting to hang out when there's sex involved.

What Guys Said 14

• If I want a woman around because I like her, it is always, not just when she can have sex.

And by the way, having your period does not mean sex is out, in my way of thinking.

So he is in it for the sex, not for you. Best to move on.

• It is VERY rude.

And by the way... I had a girlfriend once and she loved having sex on her period. I don't know what she did (I think she douched before?) ... and it was rarely very messy.

If you have sex with one woman for a long time - eventually you will end up "accidentally" having sex during her period because periods can't usually be predicted to the exact hour or day.

• Depends. Is he only interested in sex how some guys here already assumed? Then, yes it is rude.

Is it because you are one of those extra bitchy ones during your period and you end up fighting unnecessarily? Then no, not really.

• Yes it's rude

• Seems like an immature guy. He probably doesn't want to see you because he "can't" sleep with you.

• Its wrong not to see you just because of your period.

• No, not really. Growing up with my aunts and my mom I don't want to be around a girl on her period. The mood swings are crazy. I have to by a fort and armor and peek out not knowing whether they angry, sad, happy. I will stay far away thank you.

• just want to let you know that not all females have mood swings on their period. Its a stereotype. No one in my family gets moody.

• Depends, how moody are you during? Lol

• Doesn't want to be ambushed by a predatory animal, they can sniff the menstruation.

• Every weekend?

... How long do these periods last?

• Noo. I mean that we go to the beach every weekend because his family lives there but he didn't invited me today because he knows I have my period.

• Ah. Well, Since he didn't directly say anything to your face, pulling that this is a sex-based relationship and making him a rude person is naive.

As pleasant as it sounds to be bring someone with mood swings to a family's doorstep, much less being around them alone, 5 days out of a whole month from your significant other doesn't seem THAT horrible.

Sure, you might miss him, but he's probably not comfortable with you when you're on your period. Alone or at his family's house.

• That is a rude move, he's probably afraid of your behaviour but that does not justify it.

• No, its not rude. He just wants u to take ur time.

• Are you super short tempered and very angry when you PMS? Do you guys ever have conversations about it? You have to be doing something extreme if he naturally knows when you're having your period if you haven't directly talked to him about it.

• What a fuckwit we still see each other and have sex with my girls as period sex is the best sex.

What Girls Said 15

• Yup, it's extremely rude. in my opinion it's almost like because he can't have sex with you he doesn't want you around. Rude Rude Rude!

I think it's probably time to re-evaluate your relationship. A guy should want you around because he likes spending time with you.

• I would consider that very rude, as if he only wants me around if it means there's a chance of having sex with me.

• that's rude.. immature.. totally NOT acceptable.. why are you still with him..

• We have been dating just for 3 months so I guess if we broke up is not so big deal but he would be perfect if it wasn't for that. I really like him except for that.

• You are right! I am so angry now.

• don't be angry.. just relax and think about it.. make a decision and go with it..

• I won't say rude but I find it a bit insincere

So are you trying to tell me its all about the sex? Because I know guys wouldn't keep too close to a girl when she is on her period.

Its not like you have Aids or Chicken pox ,

To me , if you love your girlfriend soo much, her having period isn't going to stop you from seeing her, am I right?

I would totally go see my boyfriend if he had the flu as often as possible. Nothing would keep me away.

• Just ask him why he's like that. Maybe he has a phobia for blood. Or maybe he's just a coward in general lol.

• damn he's your boyfriend, he shouldn't be acting like that, seems like he's only in it for the sex...

• He's such a jerk XD

Yeah, it's rude, there are many activities you two could do even if you're on your period

• I have never heard of a guy not wanting to see his girlfriend if she's on her period. He sounds like a very immature, shallow person. Up to you on whether you want to continue seeing someone like that.

• seems like he's only interested in sleeping with you...
    but then maybe you have really horrible mood swings during your periods?

• if you are not mean or bitchy during that time, i. e PMSING, and he is just trying to avoid fights, then yes very alarming.. I am kind of mean when im on it and my boyfriend deals it,

• If my boyfriend would not like to see me during my period, he would not be mine longer.

• Do guys even understand how bad periods are? If he doesn't want to see you, maybe he is just a jerk and isn't really wanting to support you through an emotional/ disgusting time.

• you only dated the guy 3 months and he is showing you who he is, not very nice to you. i would suggest you meet someone who respects you when you have your mood swing/ period. otherwise, there will be other issues that will hurt u more in the long run.
    i learned after 5 months of dating my boyfriend. i would verbally attack him when i pms and he is trying to help me rather than staying away from em. (we have been together over a yr. now and he hasn't leave me. it is hurting our relationship, i feel terrible when i get out of control due to my chemical imbalance.
    u need a man who is ready to be with a woman... you will go through so much more that u need to have a real man to support you, be there for you. not a selfsih d***.
    good luck to you.

• Rude as f---. Dump him.

• Maybe he think that you will feel uncomfortable at the beach with your period.