I always pay for my girlfriend but i'm a bit low on cash, i'm embarrassed to tell her but should i?

For one year i always pay for my girlfriend when we go out to dinner and movies. She always refuses but i never let her pay. I'm a bit in a tough situation with money and last night i dind't have enough for dinner then the girl at reception jokingly said "oh c'mon your going to let your girlfriend pay?" I laughted a long but was extremely embarssed about it :(

I was just raised to never let a girl pay for dinner or movies. My mom is a single mom and she taught me how to treat a women the right way. We're in a little tough sitaution so i'm a bit embarssed to tell my girlfriend :/

Most Helpful Girl

• just tell her and go on dates where you don't need to pay (picnics, star gazing, watching Netflix and CUDDLING)

• I don't know about star gazing lol, but i guess ordering a pizza and watching netflix is a good start. I will tell her.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 4

• You've been together for a year, you should be comfortable enough with her to discuss money. I'm sure she'll understand that you're low on cash. Just tell her. It really isn't a big deal.

• I would explain the situation to her, she should understand. My boyfriend used to be like that but went through the same issue. Now we take turns paying the bill.

• Oh alright. I will tell her then

• Tell your girlfriend. Don't be embarrassed. :)

• Id tell her. Explain the situation to her, I'm sure she'll understand.

What Guys Said 3

• You are young and probably don't have a lot of money, both me and my girlfriend are students.
    Try doing things that are free like hiking or picnicing

• If you've been dating for a year I'm sure its fine. It would be worse if she made you, knowing you're poor. And good luck with money dude.

• Well sounds like your mom rsised a chump to me. Let her pay. Do you actually think that by paying you 'prove' something? Treat her right by making her step up for once. Giving a girl a free ride is by no means treating her right.

• i'am not a chump. She is an amazing girl and does a lot more for me