Can someone help me?

I'm a little confused. I'm a waitress and a regular started taking interest in me for the past couple weeks. And I've been increasingly interested in him. He flirted. He asked other waitresses about me (and I'm close with them so I know they said good things). 2 days ago he asked me when I was going to let him take me out, and he asked for my number. I gave it to him but I was awkward and embarrassed, I haven't given my number to someone in like 8 years. He hasn't called or texted still. he's 10 years older than me. I'm 24. That makes him too old to play games. Is that what he's doing or did he change his mind?

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't know and that's a good question. However, his being a "regular" means that you usually know how often he shows up. If he stops showing up, something happened and you might not hear from him. This may not be because of you though, so don't take it personally. For instance, I am a contractor and work over 1000 miles from home. I get my hair cut every 2-3 weeks by the same woman for 3 years. However, I told her that my project is coming to an end so I may suddenly disappear (and move home), so I let her know up front that it wouldn't be her fault that I didn't come back. Likely, your regular may have had something come up - maybe he's married and guilt set in - but it most likely had nothing to do with you.

Most Helpful Girl

• sounds like he is hitting on his waitress. maybe just go with the flow. i think you should've waited for him to leave his number though lol. just because you were working and everything :P

What Guys Said 1

• I think he's interested but the way you acted when you gave him your digits made him doubt things. One thing I notice with men is that the older we get, the more forward and bold we will get as well.. Well that applies to me at least. I don't think he's playing any kind of game. Instead, your odd reaction when he asked for your number probably made him assume something negative, which in turn led to him not texting you.

What Girls Said 0