Would Muslim girls date a non-Muslim guy seriously? Muslim Girls! I need your help?

Hi 😊
I was just wondering if Muslim girls would date a non-Muslim guy seriously
like would they give a guy a chance who wasn't Muslim?

please give an honest answer πŸ˜„Important question.

I dont really care about the sex aspect too much,
the girl i like would probably make me wait a year or more before we did anything lol!
so it has little to do with sex...

Most Helpful Girl

• 99% would not
    and most girls who willl say yes, will just date you and never marry you
    cus i don't think a girl will choose you over her family
    the only reason you can date and marry a muslim woman is when her family is not religious (most non religious muslims won't marry a non muslim men)

• would they date me long term then? like would they date me for several months or just a few weeks to have fun and stuff?
      I am not trying to get married or anything, but it would suck to fall in love and only to find out that her family would never accept me...

• thank you, i am gonna talk to her about next time i see her :)

• THANKS FOR MHO! :D

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not a woman (obviously) and not a Muslim (maybe not so obvious) but still feel I have something to offer on the topic. This is a good question to ask, but I fear you are asking the wrong Muslim girls. I suppose you are merely taking an opinion pole to get a general idea bit you really need to eventually need to ask the girl in question. Find out what her religion means to her and to what inportance she places on it. However, still proceed with caution. If she is close to your age, it is easy to be led by emotion rather than intellect. There are many important questions to ask immediately following that initial question of acceptance on her part. Just to name a few; Is her family also accepting or will this decision drive a wedge between them? If so, is this worth it? What church will you both be married in? When children come, how will they be raised? Typically the man leads the family, especially in traditional Muslim homes. How do you both feel out a house divided by religion? Parents owe it to their children to introduce them to God / Allah to them and help in developing a belief system. I think you are smart to ask before serious emotion is involved. However, there is much more to examine before proceeding. I wish you well on your journey.

• you nailed it (y)

• @BumbleSuperBee Cool, thanks for filling me in. But I didn't think they had God in Romania. I thought they were all gypsies and circus performers over there. HaHa! OK, juuuuust kidding! Gotcha! Seriously though, I appreciate you teaching me something today! ☺

• My pleasure! Lol, Romanians are Christians and yes, they do have a God, obviously.
      Thanks for being open-minded about it :)
      Always glad to help!

What Girls Said 18

• I am an atheist, but come from a Muslim family. I was raised a Muslim as a child. I have never had a Muslim boyfriend! But that's because my ideology doesn't match with Muslim guys. If she is like me then she will have no problem dating you.

If she is religious (or a believer in any way) though, she will probably want to marry a Muslim. So she would not be able to take that step with you. She might still have a relationship with you, but if it gets serious, and the issue of marriage comes up, she will be conflict. And Islam usually wins in these cases. Seen it happen many times before.

• Thank you
      I just don't want either of us to fall in love and get heart broken 😕

• Oh forgot to add one important point though - my Sister, who was raised a Muslim is married to catholic. They have been together for 15 years now and are very happy together.

My Sister is Catholic now. She converted before getting married, because for her there is only one God, despite the many names we call it. She is however ostracised by my entire family, and lives in a sort of exile with her Husband in the US. For a Muslim girl to leave her faith and marry a non Muslim can have serious repercussions and she was very brave to do this. So it's rare that this happens but I like to think that when the love is strong and pure enough, and the couples intentions come from goodness and love, these kind of miracles do occur...

• Why would you want to start a relationship with a girl if you didn't share the same values or religious beliefs? Would you consider converting? Would you expect her to convert for you? If you ended up having a child, what religion would it be raised as?

You shouldn't go into a relationship hoping your partner will change or make exceptions for you. Sounds like you have a crush... but that's all it is. Don't create some fantasy in your head about what you THINK she is like or how your mythical relationship is. Because whatever is in your head, isn't how it is in reality.

I don't know many Muslim girls who would date a non-Muslim... because usually they are fairly religious. It's not like other religions where you have varying degrees on what you're willing to do... like drink, or have premarital sex, etc... Muslims are pretty much religious... or if they aren't, then they don't consider themselves Muslim.

• My mother is catholic and my father a muslim. And there was NEVER this problem you're talking about. I just got circumcised and didn't got to eat pork. And both told me there is 1 god. NOTHING ELSE. And later when I was old enough they said "Now you're old enough. Choose your religion. We promise whatever your decision is nobody will feel insulted. I love your Mother and your mother loves me, and whatever your decision is, we will love you."

• @Bimbobambo if you feel bad about that, u can start praying it's not that hard to learn, hello we have google now

• @Silverware Perhaps you don't know that much about religion then, because that's exactly what defines a person! For example, if you believe Jesus was who he said he was, then you would build your life around his principles and every decision you make, would depend on if it reflected Christ-like behavior. That's not to say your personality isn't also a factor, but many people are looking for someone who shares the same religious values/principles as well as personality. Not many religious people are willing to share life with someone who doesn't share the same religious values.

• @ElissaDido - lets get straight to the point

• haha! thanks :)

• no problem, Mr. Obvious :) i'm surprised a guy like you couldn't ask her directly

but to your question, i think the better question is would they even consider marrying non-muslim man, since the religion strictly forbids it.

• I am christian by bitlrth but sort of an atheist now.
    And I am lebanese so I have a lot of muslim, christian and MIXED friends.
    It can happen, I am bot saying it d out of hand but you should me mature and open enough to the situation at hand.
    It s good you asked about it and I don t think I can add anything more about the consequences or issues you have to face regarding your kids, her family, your family etc...
    Do you want a civil marriage?
    Are you both pretty religious? If so, how are you going to compromise?
    Anw I wish it would work out with you guys, cause I think mixed races or religions add so much richness to one s life and perspectives.
    As for the kids if raised correctly, will be quite smart by adapting to different cultures and accepting both coexisting together as it should be :)
    Ok I think I need to stop talking for now, that s pretty much it good lck!

• Hey
    I'm Muslim. Even though I myself haven't been in that situation (my boyfriend is Muslim) my best friend is going out with someone who isn't a Muslim. So yeah basically!!! A lot of my Muslim friends are with non Muslims. Not a big deal to them!

• Some girls from my country mind, some don't mind at all. My friend whom is a Muslim says she don't mind, and her family is pree open minded too, so that's a plus.

• Depends on the girl, some do , some don't. I personally wouldn't mind it.

• Tbh it kinda depends how strict a muslim/ muslim family you have cus certain family's have rlly strong beliefs about stuff like that

• Hi,
    It is not permissible in Islam to date anyone. Only get to know in a non physical sense. As for a lady getting to know a non Muslim it isn't permissible to pursue him (marriage), if his not Muslim.
    If he doesn't intend to turn Muslim no serious Muslim would go there with a non Muslim guy.

• Their parents might frown upon you

• If she is religious she won't !

• i figured that much, i will ask her about it today before we both catch feelings that we won't be able to freely express...
      thank you

• No problem :) and yup you should do that.

• Religious Muslims won't, 'so called' ones would, maybe

• some say they are not aloowed to marry non-muslim men

so id have to aske her about that 1st before starting dating her

• Yeah, Muslim men are allowed to marry non Muslims girls (only people of the 'book') but not Muslim girls.

• indeed @zell0is0my0name

In my opinion they should be able to marry whomever they want, as long as the person is a good person and they love them

• Yes I would date a non Muslim.

• Yes I would marry u

• Well depends on how good of a Muslim she is and where religion stands in her life. I'm a Muslim myself. Not a good one though. But my family is and their approval is very important to me. I would give you a chance but we would want to talk more serious than we should upfront about the future of the relationship. BUT that's coming from me, I'm 24, been there done that with similar people around me. If I was your age, not knowing and having the experiences I know and have now, I would give you a chance. Without having a serious talk.

• Thanks for the insight
      I think I am gonna stop pursuing her cause I don't want to confuse her
      Or make her fall in love with me

• I am not a muslim. But my bro in law who is a muslim is with my sister who is not a muslim. So yea, some muslims (guy or girl) will and some will not 🙂

• Yes, would definitely date a non Muslim guy. Marriage is another topic. Dating is fine!

• Wow.. whats the purpose in dating then? He can't have sex with you, and can't marry you to have Sex with you. So basically he's just like a good friend hanging around with you.

• "I dont have to believe it, I just need to say it so I can stay with her without her parents being mad at her."

• @Bimbobambo first, it's not about the parents even the girl deep inside is against it, and most marriages will end up soon
      besides, a muslim dating an atheist is bad as a muslim dating a zionist jew
      you do it only when u r looking for trouble

What Guys Said 12