Why is it that most men on this website have little to no standards?

It seems that every other post made by women that ask "how I look?" Men say "you look good". WHAT EXACTLY ARE MOST OF YOU STANDARDS?

The is no one size fits all but there is a one size fits most.

Most Helpful Girl

• I've seen your standards and they are not realistic. Real women are not photoshopped. Real women have real lives and real bodies.

• I agree with this, but my answer should also be considered, I think. There are a lot of girls on here who aren't photoshopped and look amazing, and there are a lot of girls on here who look average, and some not so great. Where we draw this line is based on what, or, who, we have to compare

• Of course, looks aren't the "be all, end all" of what makes you decide on who to be with. People who aren't as good looking are able to survive because they create better personalities than good looking people. Fat guys are usually really funny because of this lol. As a matter of survival, everyone finds a way to cope with their limits, but they can only do that if they know what their limits are.

I have aspergers and it's hard for me to understand my limits, because it's hard for people to explain social situations, or what part of them I'm not understanding, and even then, it's just something wrong with my brain and processing that stuff in real time. I've grown to understand most of my limits, but it would be very helpful if people were more honest with me/could put into words what I don't understand.

• There are winners and losers in this world and you can't do anything about it. I'm not choosing to treat people in any way. I'm telling you as a fact, unless you're a polygamist, you can't date everybody, and anyone who doesn't get you is going to feel like they lost and not good enough to be the one you chose. We can't choose to be with everyone unless we're all polygamists lol

Most Helpful Guy

• Here's the one thing nobody here is going to take into consideration - Beauty is relative.

Being the best looking person at your job or at your school still doesn't mean you're actually a good looking person compared to some other people. On the internet, you're basically being compared to everyone, and not just a small group... so I have to agree with the OP on this one.

Sure, some girls on here might look good "for real life" but compared with some of the models that exist and actually get on here?

What Girls Said 4

• #generalisation318

standards are subjective. if u think they all look ugly, that ur thing, but it doesn't have to apply to the rest.

also, ... "one size fits most" where the fcxk did u get that from?

• He's saying that there is an overarching idea of what beauty is. We all know that the fat old smelly homeless drug addict with frizzly hair is not sexy.

• omg this idiot... i dont have the time.

• I think that YOU think I'm talking about something different than what I'm talking about. It has nothing to do with the size of your hips or chest

• Ever considered that it might be because the guys who find the poster not good looking doesn't post their opinion. Most people go by the rule, "if you can't say something nice, say nothing at all." So in that sense you are getting the false impression that the majority find the poster good looking. When in fact it is simply that you are looking at incomplete data...

• they want an easy lay!

• Well, when someone asks how they look it's hard to respond with "Not good".. If you're nice and all you know..

What Guys Said 14

• Because complimenting women is a skill every guy should know. There is more than one kind of standard. Maybe most of the guys here have high enough standards to be gentleman enough to compliment a lady. It doesn't hurt a thing to do it, and makes them feel better. Truth is that women are attractive. Even average women are attractive. So why not tell them so?

I could say a lot of negative things about this site. But being nice enough to compliment the ladies is one thing the guys around here stand up and act like gentlemen.

• Studies have shown that, generally, people can agree on what is attractive and what is not. The reality is that most people want to be politically correct and not hurt people's feelings. Now, if these people were to ask would you date me vice how I look, that will reveal more of the truth of how men feel about that person's appearance.

• Beauty, perfection, standards are all subjective to an individual they say beauty is in the eyes of the beholder and that is true, what one person things is beautiful could be ugly to someone else. It's just the way, we as humans are.

Besides outside aesthetics are hardly what standards should be about, while what's on the outside does matter to a degree what's on the inside is what truly matters because beauty fades, chemistry, personality how you click, that's forever.

• Little to no standards? Pardon me, but I have very high standards for myself. I am not going to be an ass and cut a woman down just because I feel like it. Maybe I have a wider appreciation for beauty than other men do.

• I will only say a person looks good if they look good to me, I just don't answer the others that are posted that I find not so attractive.

I don't provide an opinion to make the person feel good, I just give my honest/gut feeling about how they look. I don' t have any standard that I measure to, it is just if I think your good looking in my book period!

• A lot different from what society tells me I should like. I hate makeup unless it's for a costume, with a small exception for nail polish. The reason is makeup makes me concentrate on your makeup and not on you.

I'm not interested in a woman with humungous breasts and a tiny ass. Willowy women with slightly large butts are more my physical style.

We can't entirely avoid judging physically, but I care more about personality than your looks because physical looks fade.

• Can you show me an example of the kind of woman I should have as my ideal standard?

• Your ideal standard is up to you specifically, but I'm willing to guarantee everyone has a unanimous standard for what is NOT sexy

• Good question, they probably just want to reassure the Asker.

• cool scene bro... you don't and cannot get peoel have opinions... fine..

• Most guys have no standards besides the girl not being morbidly, morbidly obese or really ugly.

• Dark hair, average face and reasonably slim = decently attractive.

Beyond that is bonus point range.

When I was 20, I was romantic and dumb and fell only for girls who were so pretty you'd feel an emotional longing based on their looks. That longing is fake anyway.

Now? If her smile when I care for her warms my heart, and her body is decent, I'd be pretty damn enthusiastic about having sex with her, love her smile, that's easily enough.

• It would seem we have a wider range of acceptable standards than women do, maybe because we got used to asking out people not as good looking as us (out of necessity), and found out that for the most part, they are decent human beings who have other things that can outweigh just looks.

OR it may be that men have a standard of looks that women can't imagine we'd have (in disagreement due to gender), as the ones we think are pretty, women might tend to think aren't, like the skinny models that are supposedly beautiful which many women still think is our preference, but which men tend to reject more and more due to "no meat on the bones".

• What the fuck do you care about anyone's standards? Who are you?

• because you are hurting more women than you think because they actually believe they look good