The truth about guys liking other girls pictures on social media? Guys please?

So iv been seeing this guy 3 months and noticed he likes random girls pics on Facebook and instagram... and it kinda bothers me? Now like most.. I have my own insecurities but I just wanted people's opinions on why they do it if they are with someone and happy. Personally I wouldn't because I know he's been hurt in the past and I don't want him to feel worried?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well I'm pretty sure it'd be a red flag to me if my girlfriend was lashing out at me for liking females' pictures on Facebook. Just because I like their picture doesn't mean I'm having sex with them.

• No of course and I don't think that for a second! I guess I'm more curious as to why

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not a guy but I think about this a lot. Men are visual creatures yes, I think liking a really hot girl's picture is a way of saying "hey I think you look good." A like every now and then doesn't hurt but if he does it all the time.. How am I suppose to put this. He likes to look at other girls, he wants them to know he finds them attractive, he might even hope for a reply or like back. It's like flirting with someone but behind a screen, in my opinion. If he's not your boyfriend you can't really be mad. I find it a little disrespectful if I am dating the guy, it would be a reason for me to leave him because to me it is a red flag and I don't got time for that. I don't have time for feeling like I have to compete with other girls or watch him pay attention to others if I put in a lot of work on him. I once dated a guy who would like tons of pictures of other girls and I was okay with it thinking it doesn't harm and that I shouldn't overreact.. until I found out that he was talking to these, he asked them for their snapchat and kik. I felt like I wasn't good enough for him because he had me right there yet he did this.

I don't know your guys reason but if it really bothers you then you should talk to him. Do not settle for someone who isn't ready to go as far as you. I wouldn't take this too seriously but be cautious. It's only been three months.

• Yeah.. it's not like it's all the same girl n all her pics.. it's random all at the same time.. for example as if he's just scrolling through his news feed n just liking?

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 1

• BECAUSE WE'RE THE FUCKIN VISUAL CREATURES.
    But nowadays, I don't usually like random hot girls' pics anymore because they constantly want to make themselves feel good, and it's none of my concerns.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!