Why do some men act as if they were entitled to the women of their ethnicity/nationality?

I've witnessed and seen this way too many times. I always get bashed by men of my country when I tell them I won't marry a Tunisian, even if it's with a man from the country right next to us, they'll act as if we betrayed our clan or something -_- Same thing happens to my black friend who is dating a white a guy, and my Arab friend who's dating a black guy...
WHYYY? >:(

Most Helpful Guy

• Because I dont like interracial relationships. That doesn't mean I am not attracted to other races, I find Asian women very attractive, but I am not an Asian man and so I will never marry one. Now a days there is this overwhelming Western thought that interracial marriage is okay and should be encouraged, but I say f-ck those people that think like that. If we all intermarry then the diversity of the peoples on earth goes out the window. Imagine living in a society where everyone looks like they are the same race, and no matter where you go in the world they are still the same race. That would piss me off, if you go to Japan part of the exoticism of going there is encountering a race of people that are fundamentally different from your own. Imagine traveling to Japan and meeting people that look the same as they do where you are from. I dont want this, I want pure races to continue, no more half breeds, I am marrying a pure Irish girl and thats that, someone has got to keep pure races alive. You can see in America what has happened when you mix races. There are hardly any pure people in that country. Small amounts of intermixing occur here and there in most countries, but on America, a country with 300,000,000 people almost all of them are some combination of European ancestries, or African Ancestries. You can't look at a white man and say "He is American" because then the blacks, Asians, and Native Americans in America get pissed off that "white" is the definition of American. I HATE THAT, of course the Americas are a melting pot as is so I can put up with it, but the rest of the world has to stay the way it is. Africans stay in Africa, Asians stay in Asia, Europeans stay in Europe. That way when I am walking down the street I can look at someone and say "He is European" and be 100% certain of that. I HATE when black people try to tell me they are French... no they are African. Or when Arabs try to convince me they are really an Irish, no they are Arab, not Irish. The more groups that move to the west, the more our race gets diluted by other races, and I dont freaking want that. I dont want half breeds running around, and I dont want the countries of the world to be invaded by foreigners. I just want to be left alone in my little corner of the world surrounded by people of my own race for the rest of my days. Part of what makes people unique is our many races and backgrounds, if all the races mix then that part of humanity is gone.

• "I dont freaking want that. I dont want half breeds running around," HAHAHAH so umm what are you gooing to do then? Stop "your women" from fucking other men? (race wise) #GetReal #GTFOhere hahahahahah

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 31

• I'm guessing that it's because they have that "What's yours is mine, and what's mine is mine." + want to have their cake and eat it too. Because those will be the very same guys/girls who're quick to date interracially YET decide to tell their counterpart not too -_- (such hypocrites) i1127.photobucket.com/.../ezgif.com-add-text.gif

• Black women + white men are good for this shit in America #NeverGetsOld HAHAHAHA

• Which is a turn off because I don't like color struck black men who only date women because of light skin

• @iamyourneighbor *starts clapping like a seal out of happiness* since I've finally seen a "redbone" get mad at the fact that the only reason that "most nigqas" are chasing her now is because of her skin tone alone and nothing else sadly. Ya know Instead of becoming happy about it/taking pride in it like most girls seem to do in our community -_-.

But yeah it ain't no secret that most brothas seem to go batshit crazy over any light skin girl in the vicinity for some reason. Ya know as if her shit don't stank just like with any other girl LOL.

"AYE RED BONE LET MNE HOLLA AT YA!!!" like bruh it ain't that serious.

But Aye, I don't have anything to do with that stuff up there. Since "I don't discriminate" when it comes to skin tones. I mean you can be "black as night or white as light" and I'd still want ya.

• I've seen women act like that too.

• Iam sorry to have say the origins of this are religious. Creed, colour , nationality and religion should have now bases for who you are attracted to or even fall in love with.

• It's not just men who feel that way, I have had friends of mine having a dig at me for liking Black women (I have jungle fever in their eyes) and Asian women (I have yellow fever).

Just ignore these people and date the people you want to date. Do what makes you happy and ignore those who do not agree with your decision.

• As long as people put so much emphasis on ethnicity... they have the right to feel that way and it makes sense. I mean not dating your own kind... makes you sort of indirectly saying your too good for men that are Tunisian - its that projection of character thats unattractive and fustrating to them since you are Tunisian yourself. They like to keep the genes flowing through the same pool.

Now if ethnicity didn't matter so much - then its ok because then your saying I dont like you.. but instead your saying I dont like Tunisian men. Your actually emphasising ethnicity instead of the individual.

But you have the right to do whatever you want, obviously.

• Because they're being primitive cavemen. They think if a lady has the same skin color or ethnic background then they have more of a claim to her. It's kind of a sexist mentality. I've seen women do this too unfortunately.

• I guess it seems like you dont have any pride in your roots if you straight up refuse to date a guy from your own country. But yeah its kind of weird that if you aren't gonna date someone from your own country then why would anyone want to date you?

• I do take pride, but most of the men I met there aren't my type, and I don't even live in my home country...

• The few men that I met from there aren't my type in terms of mentality

• Ok let me make it clear, you're absolutely not obligated to marry someone from your own country, and if you marry someone from another country thats completely fine and you aren't betraying anyone. But if you refuse to give a guy a chance because they are from the same country as you, then its weird.

• Yeah that's so stupid...
    I hate when my brother says he only dates Latinas cause he is Mexican
    And he won't date certain people depending on nationality...

• they're mother fucking peanut butter and jealous!

and used bitter spread

• "How DARE a woman have her own preferences? Is she MAD or something?"

Jelly beans pretty much.

• It happens a lot. I knew a lot of guys of my own ethnicity that 'used' feel that they're entitled to women of our own.

Why it happens? I have no idea...

• As a men we are possessive of our women. It gives a vibe that the men of your community is not good enough for u so u are marrying outside. It is a matter of great pride and ego and it hearts when u marry outside.

• lol we aren't entitled... we just have preferences. Buts as for the people who are "betrayed" I am sorry but being a race does not mean you accomplished something, nor are you special.

• Where are you from? Libya?

• No I'm from Tunisia

• Oh alright. Thanks for that answer. Appretiate it.

• No problem :) !!

• Its a recurring theme among many males especially in that region and around it, since its a patriarchal society and quite a few of them are racist too but they don't want to acknowledged that. Misogyny also plays its own part there.
    You must have seen nobody bashes up kim kardashian for her past relationships with all her black partners though.

• Same reason the women do it. Insecurity and a poor self image tied to racial identity, which often fuels ideologies of racial grandeur to overcompensate.

• Because of the dick... if u had a dick u wouldn't ask this question. .. the dick is giving us the orders. .. fukin dicks... dicks everywhere!

• Preferences, preferences, preferences. It's all about the preferences, nothing wrong with that, right?

• humans are weird... they're insecure, i guess. whoever bones who is their own business, make love not war, literally.

• Why don't you want to marry a Tunisian guy? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Anyways it's stupid.. we are al human of same Earth. There are no clans or boundaries if there is love between 2 people.

• in a fair point you could always revese the roles and ask the same question about certian women who do that right? : )

• They may have some concept about girls based on geography..

• It's a natural thing, can't blame them

• Biologically they are.

• I am a mix between Irish, German and Italian so I already know some of my ancestors would have been considered "traitors."

• Would be silly to reject someone based on race, right?

• You say it yourself. You're a traitor to your people. And so are your friends.

• girls too. don't act like only guys do it... lol, come to america and if you date a foreign chick, that's like +100 bonus points. the race thing depends on where you live. some people dig it and others will give you a death stare.

• Seen lots of black women like that too, especially if the chick is white

• They will care if you marry a non-Muslim I think.

• More from Guys
    1

What Girls Said 6

• I haven't seen this, maybe because I'm aware of dating and have no friends. :")
    But I believe you that this happens, pretty much everything can happen.
    I think it's because some time ago, men were everything and women had no rights, so men controlled them. And the controlling of that time still remained in their heads as they are entiteled to the women of their nationality.
    I don't know, I'm just guessing.

• I think its mainly the idea that we are stronger if we stick together. If that makes sense. Its more of a cultural thing.

• They are being racist

• Women act like that too
    They bashed you because you pretty much told them you would never marry a Tunisian. It kind of makes it sound like you refuse to date a Tunisian no matter how much you like him

• Because they are secretly extremists.

• Men are just territorial in many aspects. Some more than others.