I'm scared of getting into a relationship?

I'm a really shy person. People I don't know make me nervous, I often want to start conversations with people but don't know how, and I just generally don't have social skills.

There's a guy I really like, but whenever he talks to me, I get nervous and don't know what to say to keep the conversation going. I want to start a conversation with him when I see him, but I always get too nervous and chicken out from saying anything.

In theory, asking him out is doable. The idea scares me, both because of the shyness and my fear of rejection, but if I managed to gather up a burst of courage, I think I could do it. But on the low chance that he'd say yes, the idea of actually going out with him is also scary for me. I imagine I'd find it even harder to talk to him and it'd just end up awkward with me looking like an idiot. I wouldn't know what to say or how to act.

I know I'm probably overanalyzing or thinking about it too much, but knowing me, I can't help but be terrified of the prospect of actually going on a date, much less getting into a relationship with him.

Is even asking him out when I'm so shy like this just a plain old bad idea? Is my nervousness from a combination of natural shyness and inexperience a sign of immaturity?

People who are shy, how have you worked through this problem? Those who aren't, would you be annoyed or turned off if your date was obviously nervous? Should I even bother to try asking him out?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 0