Why do people say that "there are other girls"?

What do you think that makes it any easier? Do you think I liked this girl because she was female, so telling me other humans have vaginas makes it better? Do you think they won't reject me too? Or that I'd even give a shit about them? Why do people always give completely unhelpful platitudes.

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe they don't like the girl that your into and are trying to be nice about it? Or maybe your into a girl that you shouldn't be and is out of your reach? It's just a saying meaning that there are lots of options out there and we don't need to be tied up on one person if things aren't going right or it's not meant to be.

Most Helpful Guy

• It is a more subtle way of saying you have no choice but to move on.

What Girls Said 1

• My friend told me that there are other guys out there who will be lucky enough to just know my name to make me feel better.

It didn't soothe my pain right away but it did make smile that she is trying to make me feel better.

What Guys Said 2

• It doesn't neccessarily make it easier, but it means that there is someone for everyone.
    If she rejected you, she isn't the one. You're looking for someone who likes you for who you are.
    She's out there waiting, probably more than just one

• Because you will find another girl. Although I agree it's not very helpful.