Have you given up on dating/hooking up/associating with the opposite gender?

Why?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• I've given up a long time ago, before even it started, because Karma always hits me on the face. Because whenever I reject someone, the next time I like someone it doesn't work. Love/ Relationships aren't for me and they'll never be.

Most Helpful Guy

• My wife wouldn't approve it. ;-)

What Girls Said 16

• Of course I have, as I now reserve hooking up to be solely with my boyfriend.

I did at one point give up, decide I'll just have to accept being forever alone though. Only to run into who would later become my boyfriend a few months later so... there is hope for all you singlets!

• Yes, for a while anyway. I've basically accepted that I'm a loner and not really well matched for what men are looking for in a domestic partner. I cook and clean and all that jazz, but I can be aloof and in my own world and don't like being told what to do.

• Pretty much. Not getting too detailed, but between my depression/anxiety and what I'm looking for in a relationship, very, very few people are going to be compatible with me. Not blaming them, it's understandable! Just an unfortunate reality.

I'll still be friends with guys who want to be friends, but unless they know all my bits of baggage and still want to date me, I'm not gonna pursue anything further.

• Lol nope. I mean, if I stopped associating with the opposite gender then I wouldn't have friends. My two best friends are guys. Also, while rejection and broken hearts suck, I still have some fun times with boys. I'm not ready to give that up yet.

• If I gave up all association with the opposite gender, my choice of profession would choose difficult. I wouldn't be able to speak to most colleagues or clients.

• YES I have!

• I don't date, but when I want company I like being around men. We tend to have more things in common.

• Because the beginning stage sucks ass.

• When i do its only for a short while.. even when i say im done with dating and when i make an effort not to meet guys etc, there is still this little part of me that really wants to meet someone. So i have given up, but like i said, its only for a short period of time

• I feel the same way too, though I say I've given up, there's a small part of me that refuses to give up and still wants a special someone.

• I gave up on love since my parents got divorced.

I will never give up on having fun.

• So no dating, but yes hooking up? Good girl.

• Dating is so much bullshit. You need to deal with jealous people and that's too much drama for me.

Yeah, meeting some new people.. Never see them again lol yeah, I like that lol

• Just about. 7 years of being single and dealing bullshit will do that to you.

• No, I mean I almost did after my last relationship when I was fucked over so badly to the point of wasting to die, but after my current boyfriend came into my life, that feeling has went away entirely.

• lol I sure haven't

If I am dating someone, you know...

• I JUST haven't HAD ANYONE I THOUGHT WAS INTERESTING OR FUNNY SINCE I HAVE BEEN IN COLLEGE. plus I am a virgin & sex is too complicated right now

• no. it seems to have given up on me though. :/

• I'm jk. I just haven't been hit on in awhile. although, I do have a bad habit of always wearing my earphones everywhere I go, sooo

• I have that habit also, but I'm a guy, girls never hit on guys xD But yeah, you should get rid of that habit, it will help.

• i accept that i will always be single, i dont mind it that much

• Oh... :( Well, maybe one day you'll find a guy that won't make you change.

• i hope so , im starting losing hopein love and stuff

What Guys Said 20

• I haven't given up! I'll never give up.
    Hopes and whatnot are what keeps me going day to day. If I gave up hope, there is no chance of anything ever happening. I'd stop looking and I'd never take any chances on anything because I'd assume a bad outcome before the start. That's why I'll always try my hardest to not tell myself something like "I'll NEVER find someone." I instead say something like "I just haven't found them YET."

However, I don't do hookups. I only will go for dating. I'd rather be alone than have hookups with people. Reasoning for that tends to be that I'm looking for something more than sexual compatibility-- I'm also looking for emotional compatibility as well. I feel like only sexual compatibility would leave me just feeling more lonely than now.
    I also don't want a girlfriend for the sake of a girlfriend. Again, I'd rather be alone than do that.

• I dated someone a few months ago, such a bad experience if I come to think about it, I guess the problem comes from the fact that as a guy you have to sell while she is buying.

Felt like I have to prove myself while she didn't tried at all, needless to say I haven't see the reasons why I should invest energy there. IMHO she ruined the experience without reason, she let me know trough other persons that wants to be contacted months later, never did it.

Personally I hope I am done with dating forever, I simply don't like the concept, still want to engage with the opposite sex, just skip the date part, don't know how to apply yet.

• I feel you. I'm also tired of having to prove myself that I'm good enough while they do absolutely nothing.

• I haven't even started and I've given up.

There's personal issues that lead me to doubt I could ever have a happy relationship.
    Then there's doubts I have about relationships in general, like the high divorce rate, high rates of cheating and the amount of stress involved.

Basically, it's not for me and even if it was, I'm not sure I'd want one. Even though I really used to.

• I did for a while after my ex cheated on me. It just didn't seem worth it because I didn't trust anyone (ESPECIALLY women) for a long time after. I eventually got over it and am in a happy relationship now, but there was a 2-3 year period in which I hated women.

• Neither. I'm older and I tend to like younger women because younger women seem to have more in common with me than women closer to my own age. I don't really go places to meet women, and the last crush was a co-worker who was a much larger age difference than my usual.

Also, one night stands disgust me.

• I wouldn't say I've given up. But I no longer put in the effort required to make a connection with a girl. Why? Because firstly I'm a busy guy these days who has more important to focus on. Also, lately when I do make the effort to associate with a girl I'm interested in romantically they don't seem interested at all.

• No girlfriend since birth... I guess relationship is not for me, no woman would find me and my existence enticing. I'm always that guy always don't have a partner whenever I hang out with my friends and their girlfriends. All the girls I like would never see me as their potential lover :(

• You can't really stop associating with the opposite sex when you have a girlfriend and most of your friends are female.

• Yes, but because I found what I was looking for. :)

• My answer's the same 👌

• All my once-single pringle people are adding flavor to their life and de-singling themselves :O I need to step up my game!
      Haha jk, congrats man, I'm happy for you

• @dangerDoge Go to the herb & spice aisle in Walmart, you'll definitely find flavor there ;P

In all seriousness though, you're an awesome guy and you will definitely find someone. Also, thank you that means a lot. :)

• No way!!!

,,,,

• Gave up on love. Only hookups and fun. Not out of choice but women have categorised me as friend only and so have accepted that identity.

• I haven't given up on dating or being friends with women but I have no interest in hooking up and casual sex.

• I'm considering it.
    I can't find a single attractive girl where I live that also is attracted to me.
    I am picky, and would not like to settle.
    Therefore, I don't do myself any favors...
    Still though, I'd rather be alone than settle.

• i wouldn't say given up but i dont put any effort into it.

• Girls can be much more interesting than guys. Girls need someone to listen more than guys, and I'm not much of a talker, so I listen, they talk, I provide input. I'm seen as a wise older brother in some circles, and a sage in others.

• What do you mean girls more interesting than guys? To me as persons most guys are more interesting then girls, I mean most guys have hobbies, exercise and are easy to crack a joke with but you can't tell that about girls. Most of them have pretty flat personalities, maybe its just my perception.

• @openwide Mate, if all the girls you've met have had rather flat personalities you might want to branch out more. Sometimes I'm so mired in female clashing personalities that I find myself looking for a foxhole to dive into. It also helps that the majority of my friends are female. My male friends can be interesting, but most don't have much time to hang out and chew the fat, so while I perceive them as dynamic in some senses they don't really have much to talk about, since we all know everyone else's story. Or at least all that they want you to know. Get to know a girl as a friend to that level and you'll learn things that may make you want to cover your ears, curl up in a dark corner of the attic, and rock your internally screaming body to sleep. Mate, it can get pretty intense.

• Yes, even if I didn't it's impossible for me to even meet girls of interest. Online dating seems dodgy as hell and I'm a shut-in loser. I also have an insanely specific type that is basically non-existent in my country.

• Yeah, dating sites are 99.99% bs. Most of the girls there are there just to find their inboxes flooded with attention (literally). But even many use one or many of the following sentences in their profiles: "I'll never meet you in person", " I don't even know why I'm here", "I'm here just because my friend opened a profile for me", " don't contact me if you (insert whatever applies to all men ie. have a penis)", "I'll never love you as much as I love my cat".

• @Lonewolf_1296 "I'll never love you as much as I love my cat" haahah I've seen that so many times.
      If you'll love your cat more, then bitch, go marry your cat and get off this website! xD

• Just about to.

• yeah I have, I've never had a girl that was interested in being with me, and I've never kissed, held hands or done anything romantic with a woman. So I accept being alone the rest of my life

• I've done stuff, but I'm tired of dealing with girls talking to you and then ignoring you. And obviously I'm tired of rejection. I love women as a whole, but I'm tired.

• well I've done nothing and girls ignore me, so I'll just go on with my life alone

• Yes, it's quite a hassle. Maybe I have only gone out with the wrong girls and there's nice ones out there but I don't care to find out anymore.

• Don't see any reason to give it up at this stage