Girls, you're out to dinner on a first date. When the waiter brings the check, your date says "Can we get separate checks", what do you do?

Would this piss you off? Would you be ok with it?
Would you leave? Would you say something?

10

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it depends on a few things..

Like, if he never mentions we're going to split, and takes me somewhere expensive, I'll be miffed...

But, if we go somewhere normal, its not such a big deal, especially if the date felt awkward or didn't go well and is ending at dinner.

• Ok... in your first situation..."miffed" enough to say something or make a mental note that you won't be seeing him again?

• depends on the guy and our dynamic.

I might be, wtf dude, really? or say nothing..

I'm not made of money.. I don't mind going dutch, but if we are, lets go somewhere I can afford, yeah?

What Girls Said 9

• I would be hurt and agitated. he's either broke, trying to see how far he can go with my heart or just not interested. I would pay my part of the bill and not communicate/date him ever again. Shouldn't ask me out on a date if you can't pay.

• I always insist on paying for my self anyway and sometimes even pay for the guy, so no I wouldn't be annoyed. I guess some people are different and just expect the guy to pay.

• It wouldn't upset me it would actually be a relief. I honestly don't mind one way or the other but i hate the awkwardness of deciding and not wanting to offend by asking to pay or not asking. I like it when he just says what he prefers so it's easier.

• Ideally, of course but things are not always ideal.

• No unfortunately they're not and I'm sure it's just as awkward for men (if not more so) because some women will get offended if you don't pay. Plus you can never really tell how traditional a person is, I've been on a couple of dates where the guys seemed one way and then when it came to pay where the complete opposite and i felt like a complete idiot afterwards. I guess that's how you figure out if you mesh well with someone.

• I would be perfectly fine with it. I won't be bothered in the slightest bit honestly.

• why is that?

• Pretty sure no one here called you mentally challenged, disabled, poor, or homeless.
      But thanks...

• I know. I'm perfectly a healthy person inside and out. I'm just saying if I wasn't healthy I wouldn't be able to take care of myself financially, but I can.

• I always split the bill. Its just better that way. Sometimes my boyfriend wants to spoil me and so he pays. Sometimes I want to spoil him so I pay.

I believe that relationships are a partnership, he's not my slave.

• On a first date, you're not in a relationship are you?

• I mean, it doesn't make a difference to me. When I go out on a date with someone, I treat them the same way I would treat a boyfriend. I don't just go out on dates randomly. If I go on a first date that means I've already noted some potential for a long term relationship.

• I would be ok with it, unless he ate a three course meal and I had a salad or something lol

• I would be annoyed especially if we didn't plan it and yes I would leave.

• Nothing I always pay my own way.

• I will be fine but I gonna feel better if the boy pay because I don't gonna spent money ;D