How likely is it for me to meet a single marine at the Marine Corps Ball?

What could I do, to make this happen? I really want a exclsuvie relationship with a marine and Im hoping a single one is there, and something magically would happen and I would start dating and stuff. Like how could I put myself out there, at the ball? Is it likely that I can actually meet a guy there? Is it realstic?

• It's likely
  • Not likely

Most Helpful Girl

• quite likely id imagine, but youd have to spend a good deal of time with him if youd like this magic to happen.

What Guys Said 16

• Okay, several things need to be stated:

1) You have to be invited to the Marine Corps Ball, you can't just show up.
    2) The chances of you "magically" meeting a single Marine, falling in love, and living happily ever after is VERY slim.
    3) Unless you're willing to endure the possibility of your Marine boyfriend being deployed multiple times, going to war and either coming home with PTSD and/or severe injuries/disfigurements, or not coming home at all, you should quit trying to date one.
    4) Marines are known to be very aggressive and are likely to be emotionally and/or physically abusive (obviously not all of them are like this).
    5) If you only want to be with a Marine because you want to brag about dating a Marine and mooch off HIS benefits, then not only does that make you a filthy tag-chaser, but you won't be getting much from him because Marines (well military members in general) don't make that much until they reach like E-6 and up.
    6) If number 5 applies to you, and that you're nothing but a tag-chaser, then I hope you end up miserable.

• Having been to a few of them myself I can say yeah, You can meet lots of guys there all more than willing to talk to a pretty young girl. Whether or not they are the type of guys you want to talk to is another matter altogether.

• It can happen. Some people go stag. I went to the Navy ball by myself and got really drunk.

• Why do you ask this question over and over and over and over and over again?

• You're underage, and even then most of them go with partners or if not surrounded by family

• Well you're luckygirl01 soo... yeah...

• Sure about half of them are single

• I would take you this year but you are 17 and I'm 22 kind of weird ahaha.

• I'm pretty sure they could get in a bit of trouble for picking up a girl your age

• Military guys are pathetic desperate idiots

• Let talk then

• Well it will most likely right from the bat be a LDR because of their career.

Most are single for this very reason. Just doll yourself up and show up to the ball and make sure you aren't with any guys that could be mistaken for a boyfriend and there's like a 90% chance at least half a dozen guys will ask you to dance with them.

• I'm going to say not likely because seeing as its a ball most guys are going to attend with a partner but its still possible, you never know!
    I'm not in the marines but I am in the military

• I'm going to suggest that the kind of man who enlists in the Marines is more old-fashioned than most and is in the long-run looking for a relationship. In general.

• Why does it have to be the Marine Corps? Why? What's so good about it?

• Not likely.

Marines know they might get killed or maimed in action. For that reason, service men and women don't want to settle down until after their service is over.

What Girls Said 2

• Don't you need to be invited to those things? Like, by a Marine?

• It's likely