Why do men categorise women?

I have been seeing a guy for a few months. It began as proper dating eg. Going out to dinner and meeting the family etc. Now he says he's not looking for a relationship and wants it to be casual. Why do men change their minds about what they want from women. I have clearly been downgraded but I don't know why.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think you were 'categorized' in the sense that I don't think he put you in a box and refused to consider more. This does happen, because people have different standards for short and long term relationships, and you can have qualities that rule you out for one, but not the other.

In this case, it seemed like he tried a relationship with you, and decided it wasn't for him. But he'd still enjoy fooling around sometimes.

If you want a relationship, cut him off and move on.

Most Helpful Girl

• He just wants something different than what you want or doesn't see anything long term with you. There's nothing wrong with that; I'm sure you've dated guys that you've liked but didn't really click with or just weren't interested in something serious at the time. Women change their minds about men as well so there isn't any point in make it "men do this" issue. It's a "you and him and not compatible" issue.

What Guys Said 5

• This is something you should be asking him.

• Same reason why women categorize men.

• I don't know why he did that. Could have many reasons

• Same reason women catagorize men.

• What do you mean by categorise? You're put into category?

What Girls Said 2

• He may be trying to let you down easy and has found out something about you that he doesn't like, or chemistry between you two that he doesn't see working out. If your not wanting to be casual, then move on.

• I understand exactly what you are talking about. Men label women as girlfriend, wife, sidechick, stuck up bitch who won't put out, easy girl