Is my girlfriend embarrassed of me?

I'm 16 and a junior in high school. I just want to set the tone now, I've never had a girlfriend before and have been rejected twice. When I saw her I was sure I didn't have a chance, she's really beautiful and nice. But I asked her out anyways and I couldn't believe her response, she smiled and said yes. We've been together for almost 4 months. She won't kiss me, hold my hand, lean against me, or show any affection towards me in public, she'll hug me but that's all. In private she does all those things with me though. I asked her if she was embarrassed and she said no. Why won't she do anything with me in public?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think she is embarrassed. She may doesn't like all the pda. Hugging is just harmless. She could hug anyone and it wouldn't mean much. Like I pefer private over public it's much more better and I don't have to worry about comments being thrown at me.

What Girls Said 4

• A lot of girls are just not a fan of showing affection in public, I usually won't do anything but hold my boyfriend's hand in public just because it seems like a really awkward thing to do in front of people.

• I am the same way. I just don't like public affection. I still love him, and he's amazing. But I'm more reserved. I'll make it up in private;)

• I'm the exact same! Honestly don't think it's you, it isn't. It's just the idea of people staring scares me and it's much better alone because it's just me and that person and no one else. Honestly don't worry.

• She may just be embarrassed about public displays of affection. It's pretty common.

What Guys Said 0