Is it bad to date my friend's ex-boyfriend?

I met this guy. Let's say his name is Ryan. We talked for a little while and we planned to hang out. He was going to bring one of his friends so I brought my friend (let's say her name is Sarah). He showed a connection with me and but then confessed he might like Sarah. Problem was I really liked him and I told her that. But she said "well I'm winning in this chase so" and talked to him more. They started dating and I actually ended up dating his friend, who turned out to be a total douche so we broke up. Sarah is a controlling, rude girlfriend and tried to tell me I couldn't be friends with Ryan anymore and to stop even looking at him but I wasn't about to end a relationship with anyone for anyone. He started to realize what a shitty girlfriend she is and eventually they broke up. She had on and off continually bitched me out telling me how horrible of a friend I was and I was honestly over our friendship despite the 4 years of friendship. She claimed she loved her other ex, and Ryan has been struggling since he break up. I was there for him and always have been even during their relationship. And he recently confessed that he originally liked me, and that he regrets meeting Sarah because he would've been so much better off. He tells me how important I am to him because he realizes that I've been there for him, and would do anything for him... Sarah recently made a Facebook status saying what a fake ass bitch I am and tons of other things. I really care for him and I want to finally make myself happy and not everyone else for once and I feel like he will... but I don't want everyone to hate me and think I'm a slut because she's the type of person who tells everyone how bad of a person you are and makes herself out to be the victim. She already hates me and at this point I'm not sure I care. I really want to try it with him... but I'm questioning whether it's worth it or not.

• Yes, go for it!
  • Nah, not worth it

Most Helpful Guy

• In life you will find one true constant , bitter fake ass people will always talk smack. More so when they know they know they are wrong and want to plant the blame on someone else. Dump hat patty ass and do what makes you happy. In all honesty you seem to be the only real and sane person in this post. Good luck young Lady

Most Helpful Girl

• Your so called friend is not a friend at all. I would cut her off completely and do what you feel is right with him. Personally with her involved it seems like a very dramatic situation not worth the time or effort, but maybe if she was out of the picture then I would go for it.

What Guys Said 5

• I was going to warn that it might ruin the friendship, but it doesn't sound like it was the greatest friendship to begin with, you've already pretty much lost it anyway, and it doesn't seem like they were together for a long time anyway.

Go for it, don't look back, and don't worry about what your friend posts on Facebook... I think most reasonable adults can read between the lines when someone is constantly waving the "VICTIM" flag and attacking people on social media.

• I'm guilty of not reading your entire post, simply skimming through it.

My answer is that no, it's not worth it unless you get permission from your friend before hand and not a "I don't care" offhanded yes.

• Her friend was already shitty to her and is currently using social media to call her a fake bitch while making herself out to be a victim. In other circumstances I would agree with you, but in this one, there is no real friendship to lose.

• Then your question is inapplicable "Is it bad to date my friend's ex-boyfriend?"

f you don't have a standing relationship with said person, who the fuck cares what they think.

Do what you want.

• This friendship seemed toxic and doomed anyway... I say go for the guy!

• She seems like a bitch and he doesn't seem too bright. Not worth the trouble in my book.

• Sloppy seconds is fine.

What Girls Said 4

• Nah, not worth it

• Girl code usually applies, but your case is an exception. Go ahead and give it a shot.

• Don;t break girl code

• He's not worth it! He only now wants you after 'sarah' thats f'd up screw him! go for a guy who likes you and YOU only :)