What do you think of someone if they sleep with you on the first date?

What do you think of someone who sleeps with you on the first date? ...

• I think we must get on well and be really into each other, I would happily have a relationship with them
  • I think they are easy and therefore not a suitable long term partner
  • If I knew them well before our first date I would just think they have been into me for a while and I would have a relationship with them but if I didn't know them beforehand I would think they are easy and therefore not a suitable long term partner
  • see results

Most Helpful Guy

• If they slept with you on a first date, you also slept with them on a first date. People who say 'that person is therefore not worthy of dating' are basically calling themselves out as someone that is not worthy of dating.

Sex on a first date is usually not the best idea for figuring out how compatible you are with a person in a general sense, but sometimes things just happen and the flow seems right and in that particular instance, it just feels like the right, natural thing to do.

Things need to be taken in context. There are very few things that are an "always".

• Thanks for your answer. I agree not everything is black and white and the context matters. I find it frustrating when people are hypocritical. While I used to think it can damage your reputation with the other person, I am thinking do you want a relationship with a judgmental person anyway. However, I like to get to know a guy first and enjoy the lead up - you dont get to enjoy that part if you rush into it. And if he is a keeper then you will get there anyway

• I totally agree with you - it should happen at a natural pace for both people and also not according to a time limit. 5 Dates might be right for one couple, 10 for another, 2 for yet another. Depends on the people involved, how quickly they get to know each other and feel comfortable.

• Yes. Exactly that.

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends. The problem is that you can't argue the fact that they may think you do it all the time because that's all they've experienced of you. I say if you feel like thats what you want to do then do it but keep in mind that it may make it harder for him to respect you. Everyone is different. In my experience it turned out to be a problem. He thought that I was more open about things like that and didn't understand why I tried acting like a "lady" lol What he didn't understand was that was the the first time I had ever rushed into something like that.

• Yes I agree with you - the problem is not doing it, it is how it is perceived by the other person. They say first impressions count.

What Guys Said 12

• My last relationship... we slept with each other on the first date! Ended up being one of my happiest relationships. :)

• Thanks for your answer. Such an awesome story 😃

• I don't believe in that whole concept not sleeping with someone on the first date. You like each other or you don't.

I sleep with someone because I really like her. I don't necessarily mean relationship but like her nonetheless. Sleeping n the first date will not make change my mind about her.

It depends on the situation if we get into a relationship or not.

• Thanks for your answer. Interesting that you can like a girl enough to sleep with her but still not want a relationship - I think guys tend to be like that - But it is good that your reason for not wanting a relationship is not because you think badly of her for sleeping with you "too soon"

• I certainly would not think badly of her because I would not even sleep or even talk with her if I did.

I think what a lot of women are confused about is that we can separate love and sex. A guy may like a girl and be very attracted to her but not want a relationship. Maybe a guy just came out of a bad relationship, maybe his life just isn't so that he should have a girlfriend. That does not mean he won't have any sexual feelings.

However don't think that only men do this. Women do this too.

• Yes women can separate love and sex but they typically won't do this unless they are emotionally broken (eg just ended relationship). So separating love and sex for women is an exception rather than the norm. For men, the norm seems to be. to separate them. And men will choose not to have a relationship for a variety of reasons while women tend to only choose not to have a relationship if they are still hurt from the last one. And even if women are hurt from the last one and a great guy comes along, they will still contemplate a new relationship. Love and relationships are a high priority for women, generally speaking of course.

• If you entice them to sleep with you, and they submit on a first date, there's something wrong with both of you. A relationship is built on trust and communication, trust, and a whole cocktail of other things. Sleeping with the person should not even be on the list until at least date twenty-five.

• 25th date? That's too much. I already move on when i ain't getting sex on 6th~7th date.

• Interesting the differences of opinion here... thanks 😁

• I have been offered sex immediately from a woman recently and friend zoned her shortly after. I don't see her as relationship material.

• Thanks for your answer... is it because you didn't like her standarda or because youwerent attracted to her?

• Both but she became more unattractive after that offer.

• Considering that would mean my first date ever included sex, I'd be pretty fuckin happy.

• Thanks for your answer... so you wouldn't think badly if the girl?

• I am sure a lot of guys would like it but then some of them see the girl as cheap and dont want a serious relationship with her... so you are Saying you would just be happy and not think badly of the girl?

• I don't judge girls for sexual activity. Because if I was hot enough to have sex all the time with different girls I definitely would.

• I voted B.

• Thanks for your answer. Do you assume they do it with everyone if they do it with you?

• Most of my best relationships involved sex very early on - first, second or third date.

• Thanks for your answer. I dont have a problem with it but lots of guys will write off a girl if she sleeps with him too soon... I guess guys like that aren't worth it anyway!

• Depends on if she is cool or not. If she is cool, I'll sleep with her again. Maybe a relationship could develop.

• I chose the first response, but I would be a little more Leary of her for awhile when she goes out with friends. That feeling would wane if she stayed loyal

• First date is kinda fast, I prefer to get to know each other first but if she ok with it so would I.

• I voted A, but as I don't know her that well it's possible a relationship might not work out, but I would certainly be interested in pursuing one.

• Thanks for your answer. I like that you said having sex on the first date won't alter your perception of her... just she may turn out not to be the right person.

• I think if I was able to get a girl in bed on the first date then she would get in bed with other guys on the first date too. Therefore I would not pursue a relationship with her.

• Thanks for your answer. Why do you not believe that you might just be a special someone to her? Maybe she hasn't been THAT attracted to a guy before.

• That is a possibility. However, I would assume that if she thought I was that special then she may want something real with me and lay the ground works before we get intimate.

• Fair point. I personally thin it's nice when you get to have a few days to savour each step (eg, first kiss) before moving to the next. And in the meantime enjoy getting to know the other person. Take the time to fall in love before getting that intimate.

What Girls Said 7

• I would never sleep with a guy on the first date.
    If it were to happen for whatever reason though... it takes two to tango. I'd think just the same of them as of myself. I can't really think poorly of them, whether that's 'all they wanted' or not because I'd be equally to blame.

• Thanks for your answer... you hear some guys say they think a woman is cheap if she sleeps with him on the first date but yet they have too! Like you say - equality!

• RAPE!

I don't put out so if I'm getting slept with it's because I'm getting raped.

• Thanks for your answer... what do you think of people who would put out on their first date?

• I don't think it's a particularly intelligent thing to do.

• I think it can complicate. things and make things awkward... why rush in, the lead up is excitong and gives you a chance to enjoy/savour the little things like the first kiss (which can get overshadowed).

• Well if they sleep with me on the first date I sleep with them as well so if I thought they were dickheads then I would be a dickhead as well. I'm indifferent, not really my thing, but I don't care. If it happens it happens I guess.

• I don't want to see his MOFO face again.

• I wouldn't do that but I voted C

• Thanks for your answer... so you wouldn't think badly of them for wanting to if they knew you beforehand but you wouldn't do it with them even if you know them?

• Irl I wouldn't sleep with someone on the first date but hypothetically if I knew them before hand I wouldn't think any less of them

• I would think that he is a man whore.

• Hahaha 😁 Thanks for your answer.

• i would immediately regret my decision and fear the only reason he took me on this date was to get laid.

• Thanks for your answer - yeah I know what you mean as we are raised to think that is all guys want.