When dating, how much texting is too much texting?

Just wondering what people's opinions are. Girls and guys.

Most Helpful Guy

• Anything above a small convo every few days is too much. If you have something to say, say it over the phone or in person.

(the odd sweet random text is fine, but they lose their meaning very quickly if over-used)

What Guys Said 2

• Communicate, but don't be a hassle. My sister gets annoyed sometimes when her boyfriend doesn't text her enough, but I bet if he texted her every 5 minutes she'd be annoyed.

• Nothing is enough when you have strongest crush.

After living together for a decade you don't have problem with too much texting. ;-)

What Girls Said 2

• If you're texting every 5 minutes well into the night, then that's too much.

A few times a day is good.

If you're texting too much, you'll quickly lose interest in the relationship and get tired of one another

• Yea that is my thought on it. I feel that too much can make me bored of the relationship because also it is hard to keep good conversation over text. I prefer a good call every few days with a few hi texts inbetween

• Even after many years together more than 1 text a day is really annoying! If you need to say something important then fair enough but I hate pointless "i'm thinking of you" or "love you" texts when over used (I agree with Hughman). Especially when your partner knows you are busy at work or with friends.