Is there a such thing of being to honest?

Is there a such thing of being to honest! ?

Most Helpful Girl

• Some people pride themselves on being 'brutally honest' which is just another term for being tactless and cruel in my opinion. There's a difference between being honest in a constructive way and just saying everything that pops into your head regardless of who's feelings it might hurt. Kindness does not equal insincerity

Most Helpful Guy

• There's no such thing as being too honest. It's in the manner in which project that honesty or truth. When people say they are brutally honest, they verbalize that truth in a manner that is insulting. If you verbalize the truth and do it objectively, then no.

What Girls Said 2

• I don't think being very honest is a problem. I do think being brutally honest is, and it is when people are brutally honest that they may be seen as being too honest.

Honest: I don't think he's into you.

Brutally honest: he's not into you because he thinks you're annoying.

Being honest is good, but not if it hurts people.

• Yes there is

What Guys Said 3

• Yes there is. Timing and tact are pivotal when talking about honest truth with touchy subjects.

• Being too honest is seen as outspoken and saying partial truth is seen as a white lie. That means people prefer to believe only what they want to hear and the actual truth is seen as offensive to them. If you answer with logic, you'll usually be seen as a cynic. So yes, you can be "too honest" if your reputation or relationship matters but you'd have to suppress part of the truth.

"A lie repeated a thousand times, eventually becomes the truth" - J. Goebbles

• Honesty is not the issue. The issue is how you express yourself. You can be appropriate and mature... or you can be an @$$hole or b!+ch as you express your honesty...