Why do guys disappear for a few days?

I've noticed a trend of guys talking to me for a few days and then disappearing for upwards of a week sometimes, then reappearing. This happens especially if we have hung out. Why is this?

Most Helpful Guy

• Hobbits. They live in holes in the ground and can be quite secretive. Is he short with hairy feet?

• They are all giants. 6'4", 6'5" etc...

• You should probably let them know there aren't any whitewalkers. Gently though! Or they might have an existential crisis and flood ebay with second hand dragonglass

• Omg, I must do so! And let them know they can't take my dragon-glass unless they agree to fight with me when winter comes. This is excellent advice! Thank you kind sir! ;)

Most Helpful Girl

• Possibilities
    1. They got busy
    2. Not interested
    3. They are talking to other women too

• usually #3 or they jacked off/had sex and lose interest in women for a day or two...

What Guys Said 16

• perhaps they got busy

• They get bored and look for others

• No, bc they keep coming back. It's a regular occurrence.

• xD three guys I'm talking to 6 girls try again

• It's just normal guy behaviour. After communicating intensively with one person, I often need some space. I do it to my friends too, not just to girls. And my friends do it to me. It's nothing personal.

• Hmmm, I've just been realizing this! I never need space from communication, so I always feel like I did something wrong!

• If he doesn't like you, he will disappear permanently or at least for a long time. A week isn't a long time.

• Alright, thank you so much for your help!

• doesn't have a need to talk to you. i (and i imagine most guys) don't talk to people unless we need to. i don't talk to people unless i have something to actually say to say to them

• Even if ya like em?

• even though my best girl friend lives and goes to school in florida and i moved back home to nj, i sill haven't spoken to her in 5 months. before that, didn't speak to her for nearly a year.

• Because I have to work to make a living lol

• I go for weeks at a time all summer long, it is just paying the bills!

• All the more reason not to be interested in talking to much during the week... sometimes I stare at a screen all day long... I don't feel like staring at another for two or three hours in the evening.

I would be out in my kayak on the lake riding the waves or riding my horse.

• hmmmm... hmmmm makes sense! I would rather that too!

• I'm guilty of that too but I'm not the type to go out everyday and constantly be around people for long hours cause I wanna be alone sometimes. Plus everyday life like work, school, etc.

• 1. We get bored.
    2. We back off because we have learned the hard way maintaining constant contact kills female interest fast
    3. We found someone else, but we don't think they will work out, so we wish to keep the lines of communication open.

• Probably figured you weren't interested in him so they decided to back off.

• No, this is a continual occurrence with more than one guy. I'm not talking about a specific person.

• It happens with me and women also. Either they want to just have sex with you and see you're not wanting to have a one night stand. or if theyre looking for a relationship you might not be the right fit.

• Yeah we enjoy space.

• It's called the hunt season. ... u have to know what the hunt season is..

• They're don't hunt in the fall. None of the guys i talk to are hunters.

• Trying not to be clingy. My natural urge is to text her nonstop so i fight that, and then it turns into phone anxiety.

• As guys, our bodies secrete a substance called tsugilrium which causes us to phase in and out of reality temporarily. This can get somewhat annoying since we might miss out on important events in our lives, but on the other hand, some guys report coming back from oblivion with some eldritch knowledge.

Or they got busy with other stuff, I'm pretty sure its one of those two things.

• I can only suggest three reasons: A) the guy is immature B) the guy is a player C) the amount of guys you have dated, etc. is too small a sample to conclude this. I personally never did any of that, and I know a lot of guys who didn't either, but I also know a player or two who did.

• To go on a drug and alcohol fueled sex orgy with high class hoes.

• ummmm wtf...

• It's not unheard of. hahaha

• I do it too. Don't know why.

• hmmm interesting!

• @Asker, it could be one of two things then if these are guys are calling/skypeing with you regularly after going away for some time - normal behaviour of guys (my point 2 above. I do it to my guy friends also) or he doesn't want to seem clingy. And yes if you call him out on it, it'll throw him off :P

I dated this girl who just knew what was going on in my mind and called me out on it every time! Sometimes even wrongly so. But it sort of gave me a nice understanding that she gets the male psyche and I don't have to be pretentious cool or anything around her. haha Amazing woman

• A guy who doesn't want to be around won't initiate conversations or will have longer off-times than just a week

What Girls Said 4

• They probably do it to not come off as desperate or clingy. You could just call them out on it, it would throw them off lol.

• they might want you to think about them or they expect you to make the next move and call them

• because they are busy or they are convince that they look desperate or clingy!

• busy. or game players trying to seem cooler than they really are to reel you in. if you realize he's a game player, right him off immediately. safe yourself the drama.