I like a guy who's four years older than me, do you think I should date him?

A few months ago, I got my first job as a waitress with my friend. One of the dishwashers in the kitchen was really cute, and I would catch him staring at me pretty often. (To be fair, he caught me looking at him a lot too.) We are both pretty shy though, because even though I started working there in the middle of the summer we only started talking a few weeks ago. As it turns out, we have a ton in common, we make each other laugh all the time, and we never run out of things to talk about. I really like him, and my friends think he likes me too. I think he might ask me out soon because he has started saying things along the lines of "I wanted to go to the movies, but I had no one to go with." My problem is, I don't know if I should say yes if he asks me out. I'm sixteen and a junior in high school, and he's almost twenty and out of school. My parents also wouldn't want me to date someone that much older than me. They're strict enough about dating as it is. Despite this, he's a really good guy, and I genuinely like him. What would you do if you were me? And have you dated someone a lot older than you?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes I have several times and it would be OK as long as nothing sexual happens

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• your parents might be impressed thathe's older? my bfs 5 years older im 18 he's 23 and they are very happy

• My boyfriend is 4 years older than me... I am 16 and he is 20... I am about to turn 17 and he is about to turn 21 :)) And we have been together for almost 2 years now :D I would go for it:DD

• Good for you! Thank you for answering :)

• Thanks :)) You're welcome :D