Guys, The guy asked me what type of guy I am looking for, and if he fits the description, what does it mean?

It was our first date, and among many questions (felt a bit like an interview), he asked what my ideal type of guy is (half joking). I was confused, and threw in a couple of generic things, and then he asked (again half joking) if i think he could be that man? This is too direct and weird to be interpreted simply as: "he likes me and wants to figure out if i like him", am i missing something?

2

What Guys Said 2

• "This is too direct and weird to be interpreted simply as: "he likes me and wants to figure out if i like him", am i missing something?"

He is not a woman. He does not need things to be needlessly complicated. It means EXACTLY what he said. How is saying what you mean weird? Should he tell you he is into you in the form of an enigma?

• Thanks :) It's just that i would NEVER ask a guy directly if i fit into his ideal woman profile, maybe cause I would be too scared to hear a "no". Or because it would show i care too much.

• It's just that i would NEVER ask a guy directly if i fit into his ideal woman profile, maybe cause I would be too scared to hear a "no"
      Let's say for a second the guy said "no". Well, at least, you won't spend weeks trying to be with a guy who never found a way to tell you you are not for him !

"Or because it would show i care too much."
      This is weird ! :-) Read this line back to yourself and realize how this doesn't make sense !
      Why wouldn't you want to be yourself? I'd be happy to know a girl cares for me !
      Why would you act differently than how you feel? It just makes it harder to understand you.

• He was trying to see if you are considering him as the one or not, he was trying to see if he is fitting in your list or not.